Becker sat nav map pilot

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scott1989

Car
Mercedes cla 220
Got Becker sat nav map pilot for sale, bought cla 220 6 month ago and got brand new Becker cartidge with it, I’ve sold the car now and no use for it, it’s in excellent condition £150 [email protected] for any pics or information

Need some advice please guys. I have a 2014 cla 220d which has got the sat nav module in the glove box. Keeps on saying no sat nav module is connected even though the becker thing is in there. So I took it off and checked the battery and the battery exploded(basically changed shape) so ordered another battery and replaced it but it still keeps saying the same message. The dealer from where I got the car had the car advertised as no sat nav. I just assumed it didn't have the becker module which I could buy. Any help/advice would be really appreciated. Cheer guys

Need some advice please guys. I have a 2014 cla 220d which has got the sat nav module in the glove box. Keeps on saying no sat nav module is connected even though the becker thing is in there. So I took it off and checked the battery and the battery exploded(basically changed shape) so ordered another battery and replaced it but it still keeps saying the same message. The dealer from where I got the car had the car advertised as no sat nav. I just assumed it didn't have the becker module which I could buy. Any help/advice would be really appreciated. Cheer guys
Didn't know they had a battery - my wife has one in her car ---been there since 2015...

Have you downloaded the Becker software onto a PC and plugged the unit it? It may need the software and maps re-installing if it has corrupted.

Have you downloaded the Becker software onto a PC and plugged the unit it? It may need the software and maps re-installing if it has corrupted.
I have not done that. Plugged it on to my laptop but didn't work. Something about it's system not supporting windows 10.

Becker software and devices work fine on Windows 10. One thing is you have to have whatever size the Becker is (4Gb or 8Gb) free disk space on the OS drive of the laptop when starting it up.

I assume you installed the software first as this puts the drivers on the device.

Becker software and devices work fine on Windows 10. One thing is you have to have whatever size the Becker is (4Gb or 8Gb) free disk space on the OS drive of the laptop when starting it up.

I assume you installed the software first as this puts the drivers on the device.
I didn't do that. I just connected the becker module on the laptop and didn't see anything so assumed it didn't work
Didn't realise I have to download the software first. I shall do that now. Thanks

The Becker Map Pilot is powered by a rechargeable battery, so if the battery is dead the unit won't work at all (even if it is connected to power).

How long have you left the device in the car to allow the new battery to be charged?

And did you check the battery compartment for any sign of leaks or damage from the exploded battery? The battery contacts may require cleaning.

The Becker Map Pilot is powered by a rechargeable battery, so if the battery is dead the unit won't work at all (even if it is connected to power).

How long have you left the device in the car to allow the new battery to be charged?

And did you check the battery compartment for any sign of leaks or damage from the exploded battery? The battery contacts may require cleaning.
I have changed and put a new battery 2/3 days ago. Left it inside the car since then. How long does it need charging for? Didnt see no leaks or anything but I'll wipe down the inside just to make sure.

I have changed and put a new battery 2/3 days ago. Left it inside the car since then. How long does it need charging for? Didnt see no leaks or anything but I'll wipe down the inside just to make sure.
I am not sure if it charges without ignition. You many need to drive around for a whilem. Can you bring-up the Navi on the radio without the key in the ignition?

Hmm okay but I do Drive a lot so should have charged by now. Anyways I'll check again after couple of days. Never tried it I'll try that and get back. I hate this system. Such a headache. I prefer bmw's. Built in sat nav no hanky panky

Can anyone check somehow with the vin to see whether the cars supposed to have sat nav or not?

Can anyone check somehow with the vin to see whether the cars supposed to have sat nav or not?
If you have the bracket and connector in the glove compartment for the Becker Map Pilot, then the car came with the pre-wiring option from the factory, and yes it's supposed to work.

Hmmm wonder why it's not playing then. Maybe the becker map pilot is broken. I have changed battery, left in the car long enough for it to charge still nothing. Installed the content manager on the laptop and plugged the device but nothing came up.

Hi. Been following this thread as I have a battery problem with my Becker Map Pilot. The original unit stopped working, so I bought a used item off Ebay for £180. This was an upgraded version with Speed camera detector, which I didn't have before. Was pleased with it, until it stopped working after 5 months. The seller only offers 30 days warranty, so wouldn't help. So I took the battery out and tested it - dead flat! Still had the old unit, so tested that battery - dead flat too, but it was swollen also, so buggered. My question is: is there a fuse somewhere which, if blown, would stop the battery from re-charging? I assume that the replacement unit I bought had a charged battery, so worked fine until it totally discharged over the 5 month period. Or any other ideas please?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom