Becker sat nave problems

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alanr1122

Car
c250
Sat nav has worked fine for a couple of years. It resently changed to me being in germany. I changed the language back and all seemed ok. Now it is set to english but PTT wants me to speak german and if I start to enter post codes it only want to let me enter german postcodes. Any advice ?

I updated my Becker recently and the default country was Germany after the update 😂 I factory reset the unit and all good since.

does the factory reset not lose any newer maps ? or all maps ? I did see the option but was worried it would lose any map upgrade it has had or lose all maps and just be mapless

Thanks Alan

does the factory reset not lose any newer maps ? or all maps ? I did see the option but was worried it would lose any map upgrade it has had or lose all maps and just be mapless

Thanks Alan

You are meant to back it up to your PC using the Becker Software Manager before resetting the device, then restore after.

At any rate, from memory, you should be able to download the maps again from the website once logged-in to your account. The maps update is 'locked' to your unit's serial number, so useless to anyone else (though the software can be hacked and the serial number changed... but that's a different story.... :D )

BTW, have you updated the firmware on the device?

Thanks Alan
I mean through the Becker unit when in the car. There's a reset option

I mean through the Becker unit when in the car. There's a reset option
Yes I have seen the reset button but as I said I am worried it will remove the maps and go back to pre the maps being loaded. This unit was not in the car but bought second hand. I dont have any leads, software or accounts with Becker so its exactly as I got it 3 years ago and may not have been updated from a few years before that.

Yes I have seen the reset button but as I said I am worried it will remove the maps and go back to pre the maps being loaded. This unit was not in the car but bought second hand. I dont have any leads, software or accounts with Becker so its exactly as I got it 3 years ago and may not have been updated from a few years before that.
No this doesn't remove any maps. It basically resets any changes made in the menus back to default. The Becker I have was 2nd hand that I bought after buying the car too.

Reset did nothing,’sat nav is in English but PTT wants German. There is a change language button when PTT is pressed but that is greyed out and still only lets me input German postcodes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom