Becker Traffic Pro Sat Nav 4730

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

V12

MB Enthusiast
Car
S320CDI LWB
Single DIN unit so will fit any car in direct replacement for existing stereo.

Complete set-up - In-Car Sat/Nav CD/Radio.

This originally was from a ford, the unit is in full working order and in excellent condition.

The system is boxed and contains the GPS antenna and some fitting instructions - very simple, all it needs is the GPS aerial connecting and it works, provided your car has a speed pulse wire at your iso plug.

CD/Radio will work without the Sat Nav.

Full fitting instructions and user manuals can be found at www.becker.de .

A copy of v6 of the navigation software CD is supplied. Later versions can be purchased cheaply off ebay for about £10.

The security code card is also supplied.

This is internally nearly identical to an MB APS30, although the becker has a lot more functions.

I can supply a pre out lead (for connection of external amplifiers) and a aux in lead for an I-pod or similiar...but all at extra cost.

Green illumination, which inverts with the car illumination active.

Have been using this as a temporary measure, while the weather is too cold for my PC.

Links : Neither of these are the same, the first looks identical, spec looks identical, but different model number...the last link is the current version.

E Bay

CarAudioDirect

I'm after £275

Ask if you have any questions.

Will it play MP3's?

Does it have the optical cable connector to connect to the Mercedes 6CD changer?

Ive got one of these myself, a cracking unit. As for mp3's its a no. I also doubt a MB changer will work with it but im sure Ricky will clarify that. These do allow you to use NAV and play a CD at the same time, unlike the Comand.

akash is right, no optical input, works with some analog mb changers though.
And no MP3's, although i was using an auix input and my iRiver with it...

Ricky

V12 said:
........The system is boxed and contains the GPS antenna and some fitting instructions - very simple, all it needs is the GPS aerial connecting and it works, provided your car has a speed pulse wire at your iso plug...........

Which wire acts as the speed pulse wire on my ISO plug? Im assuming this is on the 'power block' of my ISO and I only know of the mem live, perm live, neg. , mute, and 'elec aerial' pins on my ISO plug on my car? What colour should the speed pulse wire be? :confused:

Cheers
D.

Depending on exact vehicle, normally a green wire, or green with a black stripe.

But even if your car does not have one at the ISO block, as long as it has ABS it will have one at the speedo...

What vehicle is it? others may be able to shed some more light if they know the exact year etc...

Ricky

LINK

If you have a look at that, you will see all the pin-outs for this unit...

aka$h said:
Ive got one of these myself, a cracking unit. As for mp3's its a no. I also doubt a MB changer will work with it but im sure Ricky will clarify that. These do allow you to use NAV and play a CD at the same time, unlike the Comand.

Hi Aka$h. I am tempted by one of these in-dash units, and I would really appreciate it if you could help me with the following questions -

1) Can you enter UK postcodes and French touristy things? ie English Guest Houses or a Chateau on the Loire?
2) Can you search by means other than postcode? I regularly have to find fields in the middle of the English countryside
3) Can you set your own "Points of Interest" - ie save present position as a destination?

I am looking to replace my exisiting laptop-and-GPS receiver, and for me it's a toss-up between a Becker for integrated simplicity and a TomTom Go for the colour touchscreen. I would really appreciate your comments.

Yes, it has postcode entry.

Yes, you can set your own points of interest

I am 99% sure you can navigate to co-ordinates...

Thanks,
Ricky

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom