Becker vs TomTom

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gr4z

Car
C350 CDI Sport Saloon 2011
I have my C350 coming in the next few weeks with the Becker Nav. Anyone done a comparison against a TomTom? I have TomTom on my iPhone with the live HD traffic, an excellent feature. I don't really want to use the iPhone as don't like cables everywhere so what are the thoughts on the Becker system?

Does it have TMC? Any good?

Thanks

Yes the Becker has TMC and yes it works.

I've not had a Tom Tom so can't compare.

So far I'm pretty happy with the Becker, the interface gets a little getting used to (I had COMAND and UMI before that) but once organise you're good.

It re routed us last time there was a queue on the M11 and did a good job.

Cool thanks - I would of preferred the COMAND system but the dealer couldn't get one on the leasing deals I was offered. The Becker was the next best offer :)

Forgot to mention, it does make us laugh with some of the pronunciation.

Watford comes out more like Wooortford.

Becker is very good but does not have speed cameras which i miss , tom tom does.I did send an email to becker about speed cameras they did reply, 3/4 days later they said in the near future they hope to include s/cams in future updates :thumb:

The thing I will miss the most from TomTom is the HD traffic which I find excellent and very accurate. I have heard TMC isn't very accurate and doesn't work everywhere in the UK.

Its a pity more manufacturers don't tie up with people like TT and offer a custom fit option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom