Been on an Italian supercar factory or museum tour?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bobby Dazzler

MB Master
SUPPORTER
Car
Smart ForFour AMG Black Series Night Edition Premium Plus 125 Powered by Brabus
We're heading off on a European Road Trip next spring, and we're travelling home via Stuttgart so we can do the factory tour at AMG. Our accommodation is all booked, so now I'm thinking about what we should fill our days with.

We'll be in Northern Italy for much of the time, and I'm thinking about getting along to one (or more) of the supercar factories and museums: Ferrari, Maserati, Lamborghini, and Pagani.

I would be really interested to hear from anyone who's been to the factories and museums. Which are best if you can't do them all? Which are most entertaining for families? Should we eat there, or recommendation for restaurants closeby?

Try & contact Nigel or GP801 as his user name, he was of great help to me when planning our hols in Tuscany. He made be able to help you
D

I know you only referred to supercars, but the Alfa Romeo museum near Milan has recently moved to "brand new" premises (the purposely refurbished old Alfa factory in Arese) and received great reviews: https://www.museoalfaromeo.com/en-us/Pages/MuseoStoricoAlfaRomeo.aspx

As for specific restaurants to go to when you are in Italy, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Maserati and Pagani are all based in Emilia Romagna, which possibly offers the best cuisine in the country, so you cannot go wrong :)

The Ferrari museum is very good and the Ristorante Cavallino (where Enzo used to eat) opposite the factory gates is excellent, but you need to get there promptly for lunch.

We did the Pagani factory tour a couple of years ago and it was amazing, really up close and personal with the cars. They were just in the process of moving to the new factory when we went. Saw some amazing in progress Huarya builds, and even met David Teste as well.
Contact Laura at Pagani <[email protected]> to organise, I think it was 24 Euros each for the tour, but may have gone up since then.

The Ferrari museum was ok, but a bit sterile and more a facility for selling t-shirts & caps. We never got to the Lamborghini factory as it was their summer shutdown whilst we were in Modena.

The Ferrari museum is very good and the Ristorante Cavallino (where Enzo used to eat) opposite the factory gates is excellent, but you need to get there promptly for lunch.

I remember reading about this place. Thanks for sharing the name :thumb:

We did the Pagani factory tour a couple of years ago and it was amazing, really up close and personal with the cars. They were just in the process of moving to the new factory when we went. Saw some amazing in progress Huarya builds, and even met David Teste as well.
Contact Laura at Pagani <[email protected]> to organise, I think it was 24 Euros each for the tour, but may have gone up since then.

The Ferrari museum was ok, but a bit sterile and more a facility for selling t-shirts & caps. We never got to the Lamborghini factory as it was their summer shutdown whilst we were in Modena.

Pagani sounds like it might be the most interesting for me, and maybe the least interesting for the children! Thanks for Laura's contact details, I'll drop her an email :thumb:

I've found a place which squeezes several factory tours into a single day, which I might look more closely into..

We didn't manage to get along to any of the Italian factories, but the AMG factory tour was excellent, and well worth a visit!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom