Been playing with a spray can....... thoughts ???

JimGreen

Car
2014 C63 AMG + 2017 Mini Cooper (John Cooper Works) + 2015 Honda Fireblade
Been thinking about putting another colour on the C63's lower front spoiler, I initially did it with 3M Wrap, but it just didn't have the glossy finish I was after. Having done a bit of spraying in the past, I decided to go the whole way and bought myself a can of BMW Mini Chilli Red. I prepared the spoiler thoroughly with a fine wet and dry, followed by a coat of high build primer and then applied four coats of chilli red, followed a light rubbing down with an ultra fine wet and dry and a good polish with Autoglym. The results came out really well, and matches the paint quality of the rest of the car, so it doesn't look like an bodge job.

Spoiler is easy enough to removed once you've removed the front under tray.

I really like it, but if I get bored with it, then it's just a matter of a repaint.

Last edited:

PhilT

Car
C63 AMG Saloon
Sorry looks tacky, The only other colour you could probably get away with is dark grey (anthracite)

clk320x

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
W212 E250 CDI Sport - S211 E320 CDI Avantgarde - S203 C32 AMG
Looks like an excellent quality of work.. however personally I don't like the colour. But it's your car!

bob6600

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
AUDI S8 V10, S210 E320 CDI (R.I.P.)
Nice colour but I think you would need to do some other bits to compliment it

MancMike

As said, you've done a great job if you did it with rattle cans, but the colour looks out of place.

Black would just look like the bottom of the bumper is missing. A dark grey is a good call.

Flash

MB Enthusiast
Car
CLS 350 CDI Sport - W218 with Full AMG Styling, Bentley Conti GT
Looks like Knightrider "Kit" gone wrong....

OP
OP
JimGreen

JimGreen

Car
Thanks for the honest input, that's what I wanted. Will have to decide if I keep it red or not.

RickyBurrows

Banned
Car
Mercedes e320 cdi sport
Been thinking about putting another colour on the C63's lower front spoiler, I initially did it with 3M Wrap, but it just didn't have the glossy finish I was after. Having done a bit of spraying in the past, I decided to go the whole way and bought myself a can of BMW Mini Chilli Red. I prepared the spoiler thoroughly with a fine wet and dry, followed by a coat of high build primer and then applied four coats of chilli red, followed a light rubbing down with an ultra fine wet and dry and a good polish with Autoglym. The results came out really well, and matches the paint quality of the rest of the car, so it doesn't look like an bodge job.

Spoiler is easy enough to removed once you've removed the front under tray.

I really like it, but if I get bored with it, then it's just a matter of a repaint.

http://s18.photobucket.com/user/jimgreen72/media/IMG_4577_zpskmuasiem.jpg.html

http://s18.photobucket.com/user/jimgreen72/media/IMG_4575_zpsyas5nksi.jpg.html

http://s18.photobucket.com/user/jimgreen72/media/IMG_4570_zpsunwyg3gz.jpg.html

http://s18.photobucket.com/user/jimgreen72/media/IMG_4569_zpsgdxz7dee.jpg.html
I like the idea of bring another colour in to the car, do you plan on doing any other red accents or a red stripe down the side that will compliment the front?

OP
OP
JimGreen

JimGreen

Car
Not sure, if I did it would just be the wing mirrors.

MancMike

Who says door mirrors?
People who are correct.

Wing mirror aren't what you have on your car. As they're not mounted, to your car's wings... :doh:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom