Been playing with a spray can....... thoughts ???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Red Bits

A friend of mine just took delivery of a new Nissan 370Z NISMO in black with red highlights.

Before I saw it in the flesh the pictures online made the red bits look crap, but in the flesh they are a dark red , more maroon in colour and look really good.

Still a Nissan though. I did try to tell him £30K + would be better spent on a good used AMG but he wouldn't have it. :wallbash:

People who are correct.

Wing mirror aren't what you have on your car. As they're not mounted, to your car's wings... :doh:

So what? Headlights are called headlights even though they aren't stuck on my head.

It's wing mirrors - as everyone knows.

So what? Headlights are called headlights even though they aren't stuck on my head.

Quite correct:thumb:. I think a splash of colour on an all white car looks good. If you like it thats all that matters. Easily reversed anyway.

People who are correct.

Wing mirror aren't what you have on your car. As they're not mounted, to your car's wings... :doh:

Depends how old you are OR if you're a geek.

I'm 43 and say wing mirrors. Neither am I a geek. :D

Thanks for the honest input, that's what I wanted. Will have to decide if I keep it red or not.

Don't think it looks too bad. Certainly got a his n her theme going on.
Do the boot lip spoiler red too :)

Looks ok, probably better in the flesh than in a photo. Reminds me a little of the white / black / red on the new Fiat 124 Abarth.

It doesn't (even in the vaguest) remind me of the green / orange Rover as somebody here has referred to.

Looks ok, probably better in the flesh than in a photo. Reminds me a little of the white / black / red on the new Fiat 124 Abarth.

It doesn't (even in the vaguest) remind me of the green / orange Rover as somebody here has referred to.

Nailed it! I was thinking that looks familiar and that's it the Fiat 500 Abarth.

Thankfully it`s only paint, and it can be corrected Jim.....

Guess I'd better get a rattle can of high gloss black then, at least its only a quick rub down and paint and I did get rid of the stone chips in the process.

Thanks for the honest replies.

Guess I'd better get a rattle can of high gloss black then at least its only a quick rub down and paint, and I did get rid of the stone chips in the process

Thanks for the honest replies.

Don't change it mate, if you like it keep it like that, I didn't ask for it but my headlights being tinted got a lot of negative comments on here, but out of this forum had nothing but compliments, so just because people here might not be keen don't mean it's not a good idea, if you like it keep it like that don't let anyone else pursuade you, yes you asked for thoughts on it and that's what you have got but you also said you really like it so do what you want mate don't change it to please others.

Last edited:
Looks like you did a good job, why didnt you wrap it instead? then you just peal it off.

No not really. Cars have never had heads. They do have wings though. Mirrors used to be stuck to the wings of cars until it was realised that it's better to put them on the doors.

Does calling them door mirrors really confuse anyone?

Oh, and it wasn't me who pointed it out that they're called door mirrors not wing mirrors. I guess it's a complement people pay more attention to my posts. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Aren't they called "exterior rear view mirrors" in the handbooks?

Looks like you did a good job, why didnt you wrap it instead? then you just peal it off.

I tried "Wrapping" and I failed terribly.....:dk::dk:

But I'm a pretty good sprayer......:D:D

Last edited:
I think it looks alright, in context of picture number 3 where you can judge it against the rest of the front end. It needs something to tie it in though IMO, not red mirrors but perhaps if you had a 507 bonnet, something small such as the two vent/inserts in red would go well.

You'd then perhaps want to look at the rest of the car, like perhaps 507 side stripes in red, and then perhaps the chrome bootlid strip in red to make it a theme but it could all end up looking crap. Best off doing a quick photo-edit of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom