Been robbed at Islington

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jasonyw

Banned
Wonder how many got robbed while driving one night in the dark at 134 Englefield Road, Islington N1.:(

What the purpose of this diamond area? I thought the wide is meant for a bicycle to keep to the left lane:dk:.

If they do not anyone to drive in the diamond area at least raised a kerb to prevent anyone from driving over it or put a no entry sign there, instead of putting a digital camera to trap motorists to fund for Taxicard and Freedom pass schemes for the elderly and the disabled.

It been collected as a parking offence instead of traffic offence. I didn't park there.:mad:

Attachments

• Islington.jpg
    Islington.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 358
Its a width restriction, but still providing for emergency vehicles. The arrows clearly say go to the left...not much excuse. On Google Earth street view quite a large panel lorry seems to have got through the restriction without much problem, followed by a taxi.

Last edited:
Can you drive your car to keep left at 2 feet width???:rolleyes:

My Garmin sat nav told me it OK and didn't warn me I couldnt or divert me to turn left at Crowland Terrace. I been robbed £60, £120 after 14 days and £180 if I don't paid.:devil::devil::devil:

I don't understand your first question. The width is 7 feet 2 inches.

Last edited:
That's an attractive piece of street scape - I used to live around there...

The bollards are very close in a couple of places - my brother used to have fun getting his C4S 993 through. :D

As for following sat nav :rolleyes:

Best driver aid in London here

Ade

I don't understand your first question. The width is 7 feet 2 inches.

This is my first encounter and expensive mistake.:wallbash:

What inconvenience other if I drive over the diamond area at 8pm?

It definitely a revenue generator.

Can you drive your car to keep left at 2 feet width???:rolleyes:

My Garmin sat nav told me it OK and didn't warn me I couldnt or divert me to turn left at Crowland Terrace. I been robbed £60, £120 after 14 days and £180 if I don't paid.:devil::devil::devil:

Garmin has also told people to drive into rivers...but usually they see sense. The hatched area is also bounded by a solid white line...you know... you can't cross a solid white line. Its annoying...but put it down to experience and pay up quickly.

Last edited:
A hatched area bordered by a solid line you are not permitted to drive on ; if it is bordered by a broken line then it is advisory .

This is not very clear signage at all, a keep left sign into a cycle lane !
just another scam on the motorist by local authorities using camaras:crazy:
its time we put a stop to all this big brother fining system they will be filming your dustbins next ...
....Oh wait a minute they do :doh:

This is not very clear signage at all, a keep left sign into a cycle lane !
just another scam on the motorist by local authorities using camaras:crazy:
its time we put a stop to all this big brother fining system they will be filming your dustbins next ...
....Oh wait a minute they do :doh:

Its not a cycle lane. The line is superimposed on the photo.

A hatched area bordered by a solid line you are not permitted to drive on ; if it is bordered by a broken line then it is advisory .

I understood that the current highway code has revised this such that all hatched areas are now "not permitted to drive in"?

Don't think there's been a change. This from the website:

Areas of white diagonal stripes or chevrons painted on the road. These are to separate traffic lanes or to protect traffic turning right.
if the area is bordered by a broken white line, you should not enter the area unless it is necessary and you can see that it is safe to do so
if the area is marked with chevrons and bordered by solid white lines you MUST NOT enter it except in an emergency
[Laws MT(E&W)R regs 5, 9, 10 & 16, MT(S)R regs 4, 8, 9 & 14, RTA sect 36 & TSRGD 10(1)]

Whoever designed that piece of road architecture needs shot - regardless of the legislation involved.

I can see not sense whatsoever to that creation. What purpose does it serve and why should it need monitoring to the point of creating a fine ?

Surely there would have been a more elegant alternative that actually worked without creating a paradox ?

Its not a cycle lane. The line is superimposed on the photo.
The line is superimposed, but the cycle symbol isn't.

In my view it's a layout that includes certain features deliberately to deceive. With the benefit of local knowledge, or time to study the plethora of signs and road markings at leisure it's clear what is intended. Approach that "feature" unknown, at night, at 15-20mph and I would be surprised if more than 50% of people would get it right.

I can see not sense whatsoever to that creation. What purpose does it serve and why should it need monitoring to the point of creating a fine ?

I've never seen anything like that, but its purpose is explained in Post #2 - it's a width restriction, with the ability for certain vehicles to get through.

However if the OP's car could get through the width restriction anyway, then the penalty seems a bit harsh.

I've never seen anything like that, but its purpose is explained in Post #2 - it's a width restriction, with the ability for certain vehicles to get through.

However if the OP's car could get through the width restriction anyway, then the penalty seems a bit harsh.

It's not a true width restriction but an opening only for vehicles of a certain use - not clearly indicated IMO and the chevron box is hardly adequate.

A more sensible approach would have been to have a width specific speed table in place so vehicles of a certain track width would miss it and others would need to slow. These are in use here on bus routes to allow smooth passage of buses, fire engines etc. yet slow most motor cars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom