Before and After

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Sorry but I like it , I think black cars with all the chrome and other silver removed look stealthy like the blackbird fighter jet

They also look a bit like a car that has (inexplicably) had all the chrome and other silver removed.

I think those who'll see that and think "yeah, that looks boss" are few and far between. Most just think oh god what's he done to ruin that once lovely car...

It looks way better before, just needed the headlights polishing up again, and the 3 pointed star returning to chrome.

Thumbs down from me, cheapens/Barries the entire car :( (you asked for opinions!)

Do you have Frenchys rear tail light wiring set up?

I got the modules from:-

Mercedes-Benz Tail Light Module - CLS C219

Then bought the lights from Mercedes.

I didn't pay $500 for them I bought them last year and they where 280 euros

Do you drive anywhere in the dark?

I'm like a cat I can see in the dark

Did you spend money on that? OMG!

My mate wraps cars for a living, he gave me the wrap and I did it myself

I seriously don't think it's safe to interfere with the lights in any way and for that reason I would not have done it.

Said that, I do think it looks cool... which seems to make me a minority here?

Thanks, I think the front looks cool, but because I have the facelift lights I might remove the rear wrap.

I have sanded down and machine polished the head lights but I thought they just looked a bit old and tatty still. Thats why I did it

I think those who'll see that and think "yeah, that looks boss" are few and far between. Most just think oh god what's he done to ruin that once lovely car...

It looks way better before, just needed the headlights polishing up again, and the 3 pointed star returning to chrome.

I am going to put the original grill back in but it will be painted black,

I know its all about taste, I love the chessy 80's look LOL,

Car is going to be wrapped diamond white as well, with the calipers powder coated red.

P.s I am a car killer lol

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback, I knew what the answer was going to be really :ban:

I have seen some sharp-looking aftermarket lights, with clear lens, but dark grey / black insides - looks much better than wrapped lights I think.

From designer point of view, leaving the technical & legal aspects aside, my main objection would be loss of shine on the lens, and therefore "visual break" in otherwise perfect lines / surfaces of CLS ...

Nice car, not a fan of tinting anything. . Like the facelift rear lights that's on my to do list. Thanks for the module link. Your car, if your happy that's all that counts.

Last edited:
I got the modules from:-

Mercedes-Benz Tail Light Module - CLS C219

Then bought the lights from Mercedes.

I didn't pay $500 for them I bought them last year and they where 280 euros

I'm like a cat I can see in the dark

My mate wraps cars for a living, he gave me the wrap and I did it myself

Thanks, I think the front looks cool, but because I have the facelift lights I might remove the rear wrap.

I have sanded down and machine polished the head lights but I thought they just looked a bit old and tatty still. Thats why I did it

I am going to put the original grill back in but it will be painted black,

Car is going to be wrapped diamond white as well, with the calipers powder coated red.

Fr3ddy, hope you don't mind me asking, how much did MB charge for the tail lights?

I want the rear light update and have seen a set on a US site for $850.00 just wondering if MB UK can do any better?

I like it as long as it doesn't effect how much light comes out buy also like it standard as it's a cracking car.

I'm all for not caring what anyone else thinks and just going your own way though... so go for it!

Sorry but I like it , I think black cars with all the chrome and other silver removed look stealthy like the blackbird fighter jet

Stealthy is not good if someone pulls out in front of you or crashes into the back of you, or steps off the kerb.. etc. Blackbird jets have very bright lights when they take off or land...

I was going to say, 'I love them' just because nobody else had and to just cheer you up a bit. But actually, not my taste and would be worried about dim lights.

Aesthetically? It's your car, you do what suits you. Gorgeous car otherwise!

Looks much better IMO! Nice job :thumb:

It looks ****e, in my opinion, and worthy of a 90's MAX POWER photoshoot.

But that's just my personal opinion and each to their own.

The rear lights would look better with a very slight tint just to take the edge off the red.

Instead of covering the lens on the fronts I would split them and paint the innards so you're not actually affecting the strength of your headlights.

The SR71 Blackbird was a strategic recconaissance aircraft, and not a fighter jet.
Sorry, I had my anorak on for a moment, taken it off now.

how can a fully badged cls55 look stealthy?...Is it legal? I quite like the tint but not the fishnet look that's better placed on lady's legs:thumb:

Tony.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom