Belated hello!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Matt's Dad

Car
E320CDI W211
Now I’ve got all technical, and figured out how to take, edit and post a picture - I’d thought I’d show my recently bought W211 E320 CDI.

It’s the first Mercedes I’ve owned, so I’m learning from this site daily, all the different models Mercedes offer!

I bought the car for my Wife to have something safer to drive on the school run, after she had a slight mis-hap in the last car.:doh:

I bought it for a good price at an auction, and it was a total impulse buy - we went to buy a low mileage (20,000) 55 plate S320 CDI, and saw this E-class which has done 175,000 miles. We were both instantly drawn to the E-class, even though it was older and smaller than we were thinking of, and has done waaaay more miles than we said we’d want. There were quite a few E-classes there, with low mileage, but we liked this one.

It had a few problems, but with the help from this site, it’s now running smooth as silk (too smooth, as my Wife has already said she’d like to try driving a new E-class!:rolleyes:)

e320front-1-1.jpg

Looks great - poss better suited to school run than the bigger car? Enjoy...if you ever get your hands on the keys again:D

When I try and add more than one picure at a time, it puts them next to each other, instead of below:confused:
e320rear-1-1.jpg

Looks great - poss better suited to school run than the bigger car? Enjoy...if you ever get your hands on the keys again:D

Thanks, yes now we've used it, and the kids have ample room, I think it will suit our needs better than the S-class (school run isn't normal though as it's mainly dual carriageway and easy parking)

I only get to drive it to the petrol station:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Thanks, yes now we've used it, and the kids have ample room, I think it will suit our needs better than the S-class (school run isn't normal though as it's mainly dual carriage way and easy parking)

I only get to drive it to the petrol station:rolleyes:

Wow! You've got dual carriageways in Norfick, now?;)

U add one pic, then hit return and then insert next pic, hit return.. And etc etc

nice car.. Looks amazing for 175,000 miles... May i ask what the hammer price ended up being..

Which auction did u attend?

U add one pic, then hit return and then insert next pic, hit return.. And etc etc

nice car.. Looks amazing for 175,000 miles... May i ask what the hammer price ended up being..

Which auction did u attend?

Thanks, I'll try that next time - I nearly asked my 8 year old Daughter to help me:eek:

Price was £6100 at Colchester - may be a bit expensive due to the miles, but we liked the colour, wheels and most importantly for the Wife, parking sensors:D (which work great, more accurate than my other cars)

It does seem in good condition for the miles, maybe it was a company car from someone on here?

Welcome. :)

That's a great looking car.:thumb:

Welcome to the fold!
As others have said, she looks fantastic anyway. The fact that she has so many milers and is in this condition is a testament to your ownership! :thumb:

And I see you're a fellow Norfolkian. I'm not far from Dereham, if you know it :)

Darren

Welcome to the fold!
As others have said, she looks fantastic anyway. The fact that she has so many milers and is in this condition is a testament to your ownership! :thumb:

And I see you're a fellow Norfolkian. I'm not far from Dereham, if you know it :)

Darren

I think that should be "North Folk" ?

Welcome and nice car - good colour/rim combo. And great price

I recently bought a 211 on 90k and feels like it's just been round the block a couple of times

I'm normally in London but writing this from Norfolk - spending a week here. I've been enjoying myself on the dual carriageway :)

Welcome. And a very nice looking high-miler you have there :) I'm sure you can through another 100k without any major problems if the servicing continues.

What colour is that - certainly looks good to me.

Wondered if it was Obsidian Black-Green. If it was I might actually be tempted to polish mine!

Wondered if it was Obsidian Black-Green. If it was I might actually be tempted to polish mine!

You mean "Smaragd schwarz" which has a green flavour while I don't think Obsidian black would. Was this colour called "Blue-black" too. I don't think this car was greenish enough.

Darren

Hi Darren, yes I know Dereham - I'm from Thetford

I'm normally in London but writing this from Norfolk - spending a week here. I've been enjoying myself on the dual carriageway :)

Oh yes, THE dual carriageway:D - hope you have a good stay, the weather's great at the moment, I might go to the coast for chips later:cool:

What colour is that - certainly looks good to me.

It's Osbidian Black, which is black metalic (I may have spelt it wrong though)

We're not North Folk! Ass-end-of-no-where Eastern Folk, for sure :p

Darren

Spot on:thumb::D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom