Below List price for E class?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

adam1

Car
E220CDI avantgarde-tansanite blue with sand-cream leather .Honda Civic, Honda Stream SESport( 160bhp
A mercedes dealer is offering 4% below list price.
Is that a good deal around £1100 off on new E class.
This is a UK dealer-authorised MB dealer.

I would check that it is the new model.;)

The dealers will offer discount only normally on the last model, which is still a good car.

The new models are on 9 months delivery and fetching premium rates for any in stock as demonstrators.:crazy:

Brian,

The model is the E270CDI- ordered new and with 4% off list and any extras....so I guess that means biult to spec with a 4% discount on a extras ordered at the time.

I asked for a new car not used or demonstrator and got an email with the offer. Don't know lead time but my own local MB dealer says mid June delivery. I'm not sure if 9 months waiting time applies across UK.

Anyway I may delay ordering until June for the Sept 03 plate change unless this is a really GOOD price not generally available if you walk into MB dealers( which is what I did and got told not much off list....so I did so research like we all do......

Anyone with similar experiences?

Adam

I have been informed by MB dealers that a good deal on a new C class is available. they have been out since 2000 and there are a lot of used examples about.

The story is a bit different with the New E class I'm told. Only came out Aug 2002 and used examples sell at list within hours. Merc direct has no used new E class for longer than a day..they have plenty of C class.

So getting a discount on New E may be difficult but not impossible... thats why I'm surprised by the initial discount.

I managed 4% off our E320 CDI :bannana: :bannana: :bannana:

Originally posted by GDC200
PS When I bought my car on the last day of the dealers trading month I got 17% discount, via an inflated trade in value for my old C180.
Shude should have no trouble in picking up a decent car.

Its the way to do it . My car was registered on the last day of the Trading Quarter so they can meet their Target ;) 7.5% :bannana: :bannana:

Mercedes Benz Nottingham (through carfile) offer 6.25% off list price.

That is the max discount you are likely to get, but if you really push it you could get over 7%

Well 7% is a cracking deal thats £2000 saving on list price.
Maybe I'll wait till 7 speed auto is std option all all E's. Then it will be worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom