Belt wrap kit / Belt Slip

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AngryDog

Car
E60 M5
What belt wrap kits are available? Are they a necessity? I do not know if I get belt slip, I do not know what it would be like even if I was getting it.

Is a belt spray a viable option?

Have you got a belt that slips? Get a new belt.

Belt wrap kit as the name suggests is designed to prevent belt slippage. I'd just get the right belt length instead. Especially if you don't know if you belt slips.

Belt wrap kit as the name suggests is designed to prevent belt slippage. I'd just get the right belt length instead. Especially if you don't know if you belt slips.

I guess it probably doesn't, as it's been like it for a while with the current set up. I'm taking it to MSL on the 12th August for a check up so if there are any belt issues they will be able to tell me!

don't bother , more hassle than its worth for the mods you have

Brutus Runs a Belt wrap kit, Some have suffered bearing failure think it depends on how good the quality is.

A member on here suffered the S/c belt trying to come off now and again with his tuned e55k.

If i was confident my belt was ok id leave it, But if i was worried id get a decent wrap kit fitted.

Ok cheers.

What about if I decide to go for more power?

I have the 77mm pulley & Headers done at Msl, with no Bwk. Acid is not a fan, or at least he certainly wasn't previously. My 77mm pulley has been good as gold without one for ages. Think it is the Americans that are bigger fans of the Bwk than us, on average.

Jimbo

I got some belt slip tonight. Had the esp off, tyres lit up and then as I let off the throttle fully I heard the belt slip for a second or two.

The belt looks ok but i am no expert.

I got some belt slip tonight. Had the esp off, tyres lit up and then as I let off the throttle fully I heard the belt slip for a second or two.

The belt looks ok but i am no expert.

You're a brave man driving tonight with no ESP..needed a boat in my part of Bucks..are you sure you're getting belt slip coming off the throttle?
I wouldn't rush into a belt kit..your car is going to the best possible place at MSL..Acid and his guys will check it out and advise accordingly..if he's not a fan you can bet your life there's a good reason..

I turned it back on after that LOL. It was just to see how it would react from stationary. It was a sharp let off of the throttle so I suspect that the s/c couldn't slow down with the instant drop of rev's.

This was in Aylesbury, rain back from Chesham wasn't too bad tbh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom