Belt wrap m113k

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alexanderfoti

Authorised Forum Sponsor
SUPPORTER
Car
Some MB's
Hi all

Apart from eurocharged, does anyone know of a belt wrap kit for the M113k to give more grip for the sc belt?

Thanks!

It's easier to use the belt spray rather than the wrap kit. Same effect but much cheaper but you have to apply more frequent which is no hassle as it takes 60 seconds

Its made by Valvoline and I think they call it Pyroil belt dressing or something similar. Its what all the high power supercharged dragsters and track cars use to stop slippage.

Many thanks, I will see whats what when I actualy have my tuning done.

I would like to get a Good year belt if I can find the correct fit for the car

Is belt slip a general problem or just when you start messing with pulley sizes?

I find it a general problem even on stock pulleys belt starts to wear stretches and you get a certain amount of slippage the spray cures it for a few months then reapply better than keep changing the belt I too use Goodyear gator back pick them up at Pep Boys when I'm the US as well as the spray

Interesting to read the guys input here, something I will look into myself. But FYI, I have a BWK, fitted to my E55, whilst its not every day, as I do not use my car that much, this BWK, has created a lot of attention regarding bearings, they have all been replaced twice now, in very little mileage, if I had faith in a larger crank pulley fitment, I would rip out the EC SC pulley and the BWK, and just run with the OEM SC pulley and a larger Crank pulley, but currently unless someone convinces me other wise, that option is not available to me, so I continue to just monitor the pulleys, and run with my existing set up.:confused:

Last edited:
I am getting a larger crank pulley and keeping the stock SC pulley, but looking at the underside of the engine covers, its been slipping at some point. I am about to replace my SC idler pulleys and tensioner/aux pulley with ASP pulleys as mine are squeaking away.

I'm probably on a different engine to you guys Mine is a M111.970 but I'm running different pulleys on the SC and crank supplied by Brabus no bearing issues or any issues at all in fact but I'm not turning out the BHP of you guys

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom