Benefit Reforms - Discuss !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.

travelininstyle

Car
C-Class Sports Coupe AMG 220 Cdi
I know this will create some vigorous debate,but visited the relatives in Stoke on Trent,drove past the huge Manor Bakeries - aka Mr Kipling and there was a sign saying 'We are looking to Recruit' - I am all for reforms - we have created a situation where it pays not to work - but we should support those trying to work and the working poor and we need to stop fighting wars that cost a fortune abroad,so we have to consider where and how we think about defense of the realm in the future - and many believe the Bankers have still never been made accountable - so I have opened up the subject for debate.

- so I have opened up the subject for debate.

Can't see the point.

Whatever anybody says that is pragmatic is undermined by the focus on edge situations at various extremes. You can't mess with the system without somebody appearing to lose out - and politicians and the public are not good at dealing with that even if there is an overall win for everybody.

I expect Universal Credit to be a problem for me in my profession.

The benefits issue is very clouded by politics.

The government is trying to cut costs and therefore talks about 'fairness', if you believe it - and the opposition will always attack the government because that's what oppositions do.

There's very little 'right' or 'wrong' in this debate, instead there's a lot of political spin and no ideology.

What I would say about Afghanistan is that to my mind this is a separate discussion - if we should be there, we should do it in spite of the cost, if we shouldn't be there, then we should get out even if we can afford to stay.

National security and the safety of service personnel are the only considerations we should have in this regard - not cost.

and many believe the Bankers have still never been made accountable

More people need to wake up to the fact that the time to 'bash bankers' has gone, both the previous and the current lot have had their chance and not really sorted the situation out. Which leads us to the current situation where 'we' seem to be simply treading water, waiting for the next wave to catch us.

I expect the benefits changes argument to rage for eternity, but the simple fact is that very rarely are two cases ever the same, yet in this country everyone needs to be put in a box; 'chavs', 'toffs' etc etc so you get rags like The Scum that feed this crap to the general public who are seemingly too blind to see what is really happening...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom