Bent Tie Rod

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JOHNO978

Car
Mercedes C180 W203 Mercedes C280 W 202
Good day to you all,
A few weeks ago I had to have my C280 (w202) brought home on a recovery truck after the immobiliser decided to freeze...there are no visible towing hooks/eyes on my car as it has the body kit fitted..it was fitted when I bought it 7yrs ago and never noticed the towing hooks or eyes??...anyhow the recovery driver said he would have to put the strop around the wishbone and winch the car that way...fine..he knows what he is doing....a few days ago I decided to do the front wheel bearings/track rod ends and lower ball joint...all was going well until I noticed the the tie rod where the recovery driver had put the strop was bent (he must have gone over the tie rod aswell)...the deflection is 10mm from straight...my instincts tell me to replace both sides as straightening the rod will weaken it...can the rods be bought seperately as I have only been able to locate the full steering set up...any advice/tips would be most appreciated,
Regards,
Steve..

Over 100 views and no reply, so I will assume that no one is sure...what I have found is that the inner tie rod is available for C class W203...but it wont fit the W202...the whole set up can be obtained from "Parts For Mercedes" at a cost of £98-04 plus postage of about £10...I have bought al my parts from these folk and I find them pretty good....so now I shall have 2 track rod ends spare !

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom