Bentley Arnage Red Label

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mapleleaf

MB Enthusiast
Car
2022 GLC 300 estate- replaced 2018 Gle 43 AMG Night - replaced previous 2015 E63 AMG
I am toying with buying a 2000 model and wondered if anyone knew anything about the different specs of Bentley's . For example I dont really know what the difference is between a red label one and a non red label car.

Would the Arnarge be the sportier of the range of that year ?

I've often fancied the idea of driving a bentley but always saw them a s bit of an young old mans car - now I'm pushing 50 I guess I might just start to qualify :D I much prefer Bentley to a Roller

any pointers on what to watch for &buying advice generally would be much appreciated. TIA

Hi Steve, I do hope you'll still have the Aston for Torquay on the 18th

My knowledge is limited but when VW took over Bentley they were using 4.4 litre BMW V8 engines for the Arnage. For obvious reasons VW didn't like using BMW engines so the red label was introduced when they started putting the original turbocharged 6.75 litre V8 from the Mullsanne back into the car which was still made for the Azure and Continental. So red label means it's not a BMW engine. which also means a lot more torque and a faster 0 to 60 time.

The sportiest ones from that era are the 2 door Continental R and Continental T

The only other thing I know about them is make sure you turn the engine off when fueling it because the average petrol pump cant keep up. :D

Last edited:
I am toying with buying a 2000 model and wondered if anyone knew anything about the different specs of Bentley's . For example I dont really know what the difference is between a red label one and a non red label car.

Would the Arnarge be the sportier of the range of that year ?

I've often fancied the idea of driving a bentley but always saw them a s bit of an young old mans car - now I'm pushing 50 I guess I might just start to qualify :D I much prefer Bentley to a Roller

any pointers on what to watch for &buying advice generally would be much appreciated. TIA

I looked into buying a Black label one last year. The black label looks sportier than the red label, with its larger wheels, and different seat design.

Red label:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1999-T-Bentle...ryZ18308QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Black label:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BENTLEY-ARNAG...yZ121977QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I wanted a Moroccan Blue one with a light coloiur interior, nice examples were selling or circa £50-60k.

There's a green label as well, but never looked at one.

I notice it's being sold by Heathrow Diesels. I wonder if they could do a quick conversion before selling...:D

Nice colour, I do like Bentley Arnarge.

I like the black label , but note the BMW climate control unit ;)

I saw a really smart looking Bentley of that era on the Strand this morning. Apart from the numberplates, which had been 'enhanced' to read ViCKTA rather than V10 KTA. Really stylish :rolleyes:

One of our ex neighbour's replaces his Bentley Arnage every three years and his only gripe is the poor quality control regarding internal fittings, loose ash tray, rattlely centre console etc etc. run a critical eye over all the internal fittings. Can't remember the model type of his latest beast but to me they are all extremely fast for their size and weight, plus they are the only real Bentley.

Good luck with your decision.

Regards
John

Out of idle curiousity I did a DVLA search on 'V10 KTA' and it's a Dec. 2000 6.75 litre, so on-topic for this thread :D

It was in some sort of silver (pretty unusual for a Bentley), and looked really good.

With the congestion charge ANPR cameras, I don't know how so many people get away with driving around on obviously doctored plates.

Nice, but why not spend the money on an SL55....Then you get open top motoring and young women love that sort of thing....:)

Seriously, even though the Bentley is good and SL must also be up there on the top 5 cars to buy ?

Ian (...........running and taking cover)

3bd2_19.JPG

Berkshire Fiesta Centre? £50k?

What did they part exchange that for?!

Shude;395279 What did they part exchange that for?![/QUOTE said:
The question may be not so much "what" but How Many?

Nice, but why not spend the money on an SL55....Then you get open top motoring and young women love that sort of thing....:)

Seriously, even though the Bentley is good and SL must also be up there on the top 5 cars to buy ?

Ian (...........running and taking cover)

Great idea but (not wishing to sound blase) I have had 3 SL's the last being the 350. they are lovely cars but I just fancy something a bit different.

Young women .... theres much more room & comfort in bentley dont you know :devil:

Ray

fear not... We'll still have the Aston for the Torquay run :)

see you there

A very good mate of mate of mine recently bought a red label. Dark metallic green, magnolia hide. Its a 2000 model and he loves it to bits. I think he paid £40K. I have driven the arnage and have also driven another mates 87 bentley turbo. My preference is for the older car. There are two things that put me off the newer version. The rear suspension floats way too much and when you open the door there is no smell of leather. The old turbo has that luxurious leather smell something that I wish my W140 series had. But as my mate Angelo said I don't want to be driving yesterdays newspaper.

I just finished browsing a whole load of specs and my favourite so far is a green car with magnolia as well . Its also a 2000 W car & has the standard Bentley sat nav that pops out of the top of the dash , this is a good indicaiton of getting the right age & standard spec car - there are a few Red label spec cars around which are really green label (4.4litre) with upgraded interiors - and for the same money as the red label.

If you are going for it I would only go big V8. Make sure its still got the Bentley warranty although you will have to have the car inspected by a main dealer before they will transfer the warranty over into your name. I think this cost Angelo about £400 for the inspection. The inspection is a little concerning as it makes you think that if they find anything wrong "oops sorry we are not willing to transfer the warranty", maybe thats just me being pesimistic.

If anything goes wrong the car should still be under warranty and will get fixed FOC. That's what happened when I transferred the Porsche warranty at any rate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom