Bentley Bentayga

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A tuned Golf R is the only car you'll ever need

My business partner has one of those, it is absurdly fast but not comfortable and not a great deal of room in it.

He could afford a Bentley, comfortably, but he contract hires cars and won't take anything unless it's a steal.

Anything more than a Ford Focus/Mondeo is difficult to justify.

He doesn't get why I spend what I do on cars.

Last edited:
My business partner has one of those, it is absurdly fast but not comfortable and not a great deal of room in it.

He could afford a Bentley, comfortably, but he contract hires cars and won't take anything unless it's a steal.

Ditto here. My business partner has never understood my 'need' to own several cars. He could easily afford an expensive luxury car but bizarrely, in my view, settles for a replacement leased Ford Focus every couple of years. I tell him he just isn't normal but he insists I'm the one who's odd! :)
Maybe I am. Who knows?;)

We're all strange ....

As VAG SUV's go, and now having seen one in the flesh, it's not that bad looking but for the headlights looking like an afterthought - "err boss, we ordered too many Conti GT headlights, what do you want me to do with them?"

Also agree with the RR comment, I think you'd really have to want a Bentley to want one over the FFRR.

My business partner drives an LWB 7-series which he replaces every two years. He can't possibly fathom why I am 'stuck' with my 2006 C-Class. Might sound odd but I get emotionally attached to inanimate objects :D

So what you all are saying is having no partners in business means no disagreement over cars (and possibly lots other stuff as well)? ;)

So what you all are saying is having no partners in business means no disagreement over cars (and possibly lots other stuff as well)? ;)

No what they are saying is they could also aford really expensive cars...but didn't want to appear too showey!:D

No what they are saying is they could also aford really expensive cars...but didn't want to appear too showey!:D

That is assuming we are EQUAL partners.... :D

Drove the Audi S6 this afternoon, it was lovely. The ride was astonishingly good even though it was on 20" rims. Air suspension standard.

It at least equaled our E220 with comfort suspension.

It was very easy to potter around in at low speed and had ferocious acceleration if you wanted it. That's our next car.

Bentayga.

Doesn't exactly roll off the tongue does it?

Bentayga.

Doesn't exactly roll off the tongue does it?

More like "Bent Aga".

It rolled down the ugly tree without a problem.

Do you wear glasses to drive i sincerely hope so!:p

Tony.

You say that, <cough post #22 /cough>, but I suspect <cough post #25 /cough> I'm probably not the only one who <cough post #42 /cough> thinks it...

I seem to remember you did actually wear glasses when I saw you in Suky's CLS?

:D

Seen a couple of them now in the flesh, and I think it looks a lot better than the photos, certainly has some presence, the grill is huge!

Hopefully astronomical depreciation will make it a good buy in 3-4 years, I reckon it would be a laugh.

The nice lady at Bentley at the Festival of Speed took a shine to us, and let us clamber all over in and out of the Bentayga and it was a lovely thing.

Some might say the same of AMGs. Good job we're all different.

Well now your just being an ass. Let me guess you own an SUV?:D

I can understand people who need a Land Rover, but other than that, there all a pile of crap. X5's, Q7's all that ****, there rubbish, there pointless, there ****e.

I can understand people who need a Land Rover, but other than that, there all a pile of crap. X5's, Q7's all that ****, there rubbish, there pointless, there ****e.

Where?

There? Where? an Ass...Eeyore, Eeyore, E'always says that....:dk:

I have always had what some call proper 4x4s and laughed at the X5 and ML when they came out, then to keep the internal CFO happy I bought her an X5 35d, I do prefer my 535d but the X5 was a bloody good car!! Massive so great for our big close family holidays on Arran. In fact I nearly bought it back from the chap I sold it too... I can see another in the drive. The FFRR are superb but dynamically not a match and cost a lot more to run.

I never got SUVs before and I also never really got on with an 08 plate FFRR I drove once but having been a recent passenger in a recent X3, I have to say I was most impressed.

Light airy cabin, comfortable ride and for a 2.0, it performs more than adequately. Nice place to be.

I get them now although I was warming to them from our crossover.

I might even consider one next.

I had no idea an SUV could upset people. :dk: :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom