Bentley GTC V8S

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Beautiful car . My mate has just bought a 2009 Continental GT , Mulliner Speed. Just waiting for him to bring it over.

Many thanks for your kind comments :)

I have been looking to change the CL for a while. I was looking for another GT and I'm not a great fan of current ( CL ) S-Coupe, i have been a great fan of the S-Class Coupes, my first being a 560 SEC, 215 55 Kompressor and the 216. I looked at the lastest SL, lovely looking but not really a GT. So i thought just keep the CL, what's not to like, especially after Acid had waved his Magic Wand, so i left it.
The Bentley was never on the Radar, I've always liked them especially the convertible. I don't like the profile of the coupe, the same comparison being the E-Type fixed head and the convertible which has much better lines.
I had to go to my body shop and they had one there, it was the first time i had seen one up close, i was very impressed with the build quality. I then noticed the V8S badge, i hadn't realised they did the V8 which really caught my attention as I'm not a fan of the W12, so i started to look into the pro's and cons. The V8S came out top re the driving experience, it has the same engine as the RS6 + it's that much lighter than the W12 75Kg i believe. They bought a facelift out in 2015 which had quite few body improvements, front and rear bumper etc. So i started to look at them. The criteria was Distronic + ( Adaptive Cruise Control ) not many available in the V8 guise, plenty in the W12 + the Mulliner Spec.

So i found V8 PVO, which ticked all the boxes. I love the colour combination, as you might all have noticed I quite like blue cars :rolleyes: ( 215 Tanzanite,216 Cavansite ) now Dark Sapphire. I haven't driven it a great deal as it went straight to Ed at Divine Detail, who had it for five days then to Bentley for a service + a couple of Warranty claims, i get it back today or tomorrow. I have never had a convertible and never driven a four wheel drive car.:) The miles i have driven , i must admit it is a very nice place to be, the handling is very impressive and the 4x4 in the wet and damp conditions are also very impressive.

So I will let you know how i get on. Thanks again.

Peter.

Very nice P, congratulations enjoy in good health.

Beautiful car! Always had a soft spot for a Bentley since I drove a flying spur years back. Congratulations!

I'm green with envy Peter. I miss a covertable.

Last edited:
If you look closely you will see i is not Cut Down. It is a full number plate with a Blue colour extension.

There is a company that can personalise your number plates www.fourdotdesignerplates.co.uk
They look good 👍😀 Cracking car

Very nice car !!!! Do love that interior.

Mercedes could learn a lot from Bentley in relation to putting nice seats and door trim in to a car rather than the boring sh*te that they appear to put in, especially for the UK market

Very nice car !!!! Do love that interior.

Mercedes could learn a lot from Bentley in relation to putting nice seats and door trim in to a car rather than the boring sh*te that they appear to put in, especially for the UK market
Mmm, I'd say the latest Mercs, have some great interiors, personal opinion of course. :) 👍

Health to enjoy

A right proper motor

If you look closely you will see i is not Cut Down. It is a full number plate with a Blue colour extension.

There is a company that can personalise your number plates www.fourdotdesignerplates.co.uk

I see, thank you for pointing that out. It isn't to my tastes, but the prerogative is yours and it is a beautiful car to enjoy.

Looks amazing... lovely car.

I think the V8 is the one to go for personally.

I love the details on the GTC.

Your CL is lovely- very tempting but it just wouldn’t get the use these days to warrant the running costs 🙁

Great looking car, Fourdot done my plates too....great quality. Enjoy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom