Benz for Shude....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Originally posted by Shude
w202 is nicer than the w203 imho, besides which I have a stack of parts that fit w202s. The trouble is, £13k would clean me out completely :(

After the insurance payout of £8333, minus my excess of £1k I am left with £7333 plus any money I have lying around. Lucky for me I have a little bit tucked away. I can stretch to about 11k maybe but that's the ceiling I'm afraid.

I'd be doing myself out of a discount purhcase of your grill, BUT.....

that Sunstone Orange C230K is lovely!

V680JCE.jpg

Wheels and arch trims already in place!

You never know those may even be Xenons, or at least you already have the washer system in place.

A £3K loan wont take much repaying :D

Originally posted by GrahamC230K
I'd be doing myself out of a discount purhcase of your grill, BUT.....

that Sunstone Orange C230K is lovely!

V680JCE.jpg

Wheels and arch trims already in place!

You never know those may even be Xenons, or at least you already have the washer system in place.

A £3K loan wont take much repaying :D

WOAH!!!! that looks like it has Xenons, amyway thats a LOVELY colour!!! AWESOME!!!!

Theres a nice looking C230K on findit.co.uk. Low mileage but a bit overpriced for a P Reg Manual though.

Last edited:
I can stretch to about 11k maybe but that's the ceiling I'm afraid.

Nick,

So phone them up and offer them £11k for a quick sale on their C230K, what have you got to lose? ;) :D What's the worst they can do? They can only say no. :devil:

My car was originally marked at £14k, I eventually got it for £13k, part-ex'd my old motor for a £1K (it was worth £650 tops) and got a 1 yr warranty FOC. 'Tis a buyer's market at the moment. :rock: :cool:

S.

P.S. Wouldn't it be funny if whoever bought it came here and then found out we knew about the car before they did :bannana:

P.P.S. @ VIKJ is that a C230 or C230K with AMG bodykit?

Last edited:
Originally posted by Steve_Perry
P.S. Wouldn't it be funny if whoever bought it came here and then found out we knew about the car before they did :bannana:

You mean like Graham's? I saw Graham's car and even posted a pic of it LONG before he bought it, like about 4 months before! It worried me a little that it had been sitting on a forecourt for so long without being sold but Graham bought it and it turned out to be a good 'un :)

Sorry but this keeps haunting me:

1998 MERCEDES-BENZ E55 AM6, 1998, R
reg. brilliant silver with full black leather, wood pack, based on E430 Avantgarde, 1 owner with FSH, px welcome, cost 60k new yours for. £11,995 . 01942 841106 Park Rd Trade Centre.

Lee Bray Cars

Tel: (01942) 841106 or 07976 722577

Distance: 15 miles
Price: £11,995

Attachments

• e430.jpg
    e430.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 89
You mean like Graham's? I saw Graham's car and even posted a pic of it LONG before he bought it, like about 4 months before! It worried me a little that it had been sitting on a forecourt for so long without being sold but Graham bought it and it turned out to be a good 'un :)

LOL that was fuuny.

I remember seeing it in a post of Shudes.

Knew that it was at the dealer I use (Cambridge Autos) but never thought twice.

Months later, I was at the dealer, buying my wifes '98 Fiesta Zetec, which they had sourced for me.

I believe they had also bought the C230K in for someone specific, who let them down. Having seen the spec and the car in real + 1 test drive later I was sold. The fact I had just bought one car from them, was part exing the C200 (which I bought from them 12 months prior) and they had had the car a little while negotiated me a nice price.

Their stock is mixed, but some cars stay longer than others and they do tend to turn over the same cars a lot (buyers tend to stay with the dealer and so sell the cars back when it's time to change).

Sorry but this keeps haunting me
:eek: way to go...unless you drive a lot (which is what you do...)...
btw: that CLK55 cluster fits in a pre model updated 210 as well...don't sell it too quick!
Personally I don't like the 210 and rather have a 202, but that is just me...I like the sunstone orange one that was posted...

greetingz,

Buy the orange Sunstone C-class and make it look like Toni's C55!!!!!! ;)

MERCEDES SL500 AMG 1992 LHD - £11299

Could you live with LHD? I'm guessing if it's AMG you probably could ;)

S.

DONT BOTHER

This car is a bag of Sh*te - I looked at it before i bought mine
It was offered to be by a dealer in Kent for £9500 - and I tuned it down!!

It was then bought by a local guy who had it into my mates ICE shop - and he said it was awful aswell !

Mark

Originally posted by Mark300SL
DONT BOTHER

This car is a bag of Sh*te

What was wrong with it? Poorly looked after? I thought it seemed a steal for an AMG SL :crazy: Oh Well... too good to be true by the sounds of it. :confused:

I still love that Sunstone Orange C230K

S.

Originally posted by MBenzNL
btw: that CLK55 cluster fits in a pre model updated 210 as well...don't sell it too quick!
Yes, but won't it read the fuel level the wrong way around?

BTW I'm warming to the orange w202 :)

What was wrong with it? Poorly looked after?
S.

Steve - that about sums it up

When I saw it - the body didnt do it justice, lots of little dents and marks, and the colour wasnt original - the interior didnt do it a lot of favours either, The dealers just wanted shot of it.

I 'm not sure about the mileage either !!! - maybe its been clocked !!
It didnt look like a 60k mile car then - I wonder if its been "tarted up" for sale

Why would a 60k mile car that has been resprayed - look in poor condition ?

Mark

Last edited:

P.P.S. @ VIKJ is that a C230 or C230K with AMG bodykit?

Good point. I think its a C230 and not a K! Even more overpriced then!

Nick

Just seen this one

Mercedes C230 Kompressor
1998, 47k, auto, alloys, c/locking, alarm, e/w, e/m, CD, aircon, c/control, t/control, abs, MOT, tax, fMBsh, superb cond.
Price:__£10,500 or near offer.

Contact details:[email protected] / 07967 154440

Its just outside Southend in Essex according to the ad - thats about 1/2 hr from me

Mark

Originally posted by Mark300SL
Nick

Just seen this one

Mercedes C230 Kompressor
1998, 47k, auto, alloys, c/locking, alarm, e/w, e/m, CD, aircon, c/control, t/control, abs, MOT, tax, fMBsh, superb cond.
Price:__£10,500 or near offer.
Just rang the guy.

It's 040 black, "classic" with grey cloth interior. D'OH! :(

Sorry

Couldnt tell from the spec :(

Though it didnt say leather !

Mark

If I were to buy a car at this very moment I would be all over this sweet!!!! german wagon ...I suppose you cannot find something likewise in the UK, huh?

greetingz,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom