Benz for Shude....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BaldGuy

MB Enthusiast
Car
No longer a Benz...
This is in the latest Merc Enthusiast.....

E300TD Elegance, Silver 1998/R, 90K Miles
Black Leather, MBSH, 18" AMG's with Originals as well.
£9995
07715 704487 or 01529 497 539
Lincs

Any good???

those 300TD's have an unbelievable amount of Torque!

That sounds like what he is looking for....:bannana: :bannana: :bannana:

That's not half bad! I wonder what the insurance is like on a 300 diesel! :)

Insurance shouldn't be too bad on that - I just got my son insured with Norwich Union as a named driver on our 300TD, he's 21 years old, it cost an extra £110 pa

Good luck :)

Originally posted by Koolvin
those 300TD's have an unbelievable amount of Torque!

The TD might be ideal for Nick, I know he does some miles.

Unless figures are wrong in MB E. Mag, torque is not huge, less than his old car.

320CDI has HUGE torque, but too new I think.

Originally posted by GDC200
Alternatively, how about a £4,500 C180, then strip it put all Shudes bits on it and then do a Koolvin and Turbo it! That should have some torque and some talk!!!

I could buy a C180 for a lot less than £4500 and basically strip it to the shell and swap EVERYTHING over from my old car, only the bodywork is damaged really. That would take a LONG time though!

Originally posted by GDC200
....with the money saved on the purchase of the car buy some help in the preparing it. You'd end up with a completly custom built one off car!

listing the mods to the insurer would be a nightmare.

Originally posted by Shude
I could buy a C180 for a lot less than £4500 and basically strip it to the shell and swap EVERYTHING over from my old car, only the bodywork is damaged really. That would take a LONG time though!

Just think how much satisfaction it would give you to have a hand built car, ...... your hands!!:bannana:

I am available for food and a few quid :)

I'm willing to bet that with Shudes knowledge of interior/bumpers etc - that this would only be a couple of long weekends to move it all over!

Alternatively we have a mini weekend GTG in Manchester - sort of "bring a spannner" party :)

Nick - do you have salvage price on your car - or are you not trying ?

Mark

Provide me with a garage, tools, a place to sleep, some food and I will bring 1 week time to spend...

greetingz,

grr I'm getting sick of cars listed in autotrader that have already been sold, and "avantgarde" spec E320s with black or grey *cloth* interiors. I know cloth is ok but for the same money you can have heated/power/memory seats which are loads better. *sigh* the mission continues...

grr I'm getting sick of cars listed in autotrader that have already been sold, and "avantgarde" spec E320s with black or grey *cloth* interiors. I know cloth is ok but for the same money you can have heated/power/memory seats which are loads better. *sigh* the mission continues...

Don't give up.

So if you don't get lucky this weekend, how are you planning on arriving at the GTG?

Originally posted by GrahamC230K
So if you don't get lucky this weekend, how are you planning on arriving at the GTG?

Punto rental car? Don't laugh it gets good mpg and the oem grill (in box with instructions! ) is already in the boot! ;)

Punto rental car? Don't laugh it gets good mpg and the oem grill (in box with instructions! ) is already in the boot! ;)

That's what I wanted to hear (OEM Avantgarde I hope)!

Cash awaits you, for live GTG modding.

Damn I wish I had realised this was up for sale again!

Sold only 3 days ago within your budget.

Click Me

That's what I wanted to hear (OEM Avantgarde I hope)!
Graham you know I only buy oem stuff, "she's worth it" and all that!
Cash awaits you, for live GTG modding.
Good, cause if I buy a car this week I am going to be BROKE! Need to turn as many parts as I can into cash! Cupholder for armrest, twin-compartment armrest for use with a mobile phone, sun visors with illumination etc. CLK55 AMG dashboard cluster (which was very expensive and still unused! ) It all adds up. It would be really nice to pass my spare bumpers and sideskirts onto a forum member but I don't think anyone is interested...

Nick,

How about this - New Shape C Class Auto, C240 ELEGANCE AUTO 2000 X REG@ £13900

*EDIT* or this - Mercedes C230 Kompressor Sport 1999/V Sunstone Orange @ £12995

The W203 seems bloody cheap if you ask me even if it is high mileage but you did say you didn't mind a high miler.

S.

Last edited:
Originally posted by Steve_Perry
this - Mercedes C230 Kompressor Sport 1999/V Sunstone Orange @ £12995

w202 is nicer than the w203 imho, besides which I have a stack of parts that fit w202s. The trouble is, £13k would clean me out completely :(

After the insurance payout of £8333, minus my excess of £1k I am left with £7333 plus any money I have lying around. Lucky for me I have a little bit tucked away. I can stretch to about 11k maybe but that's the ceiling I'm afraid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom