Benz Help..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BaldGuy

MB Enthusiast
Car
No longer a Benz...
Got home tonight after the car being a total **** all day, Coughing and spluttering etc etc... So i decide to disconnect the battery overnight to give the computer a reset and anything else that might reset itself..

Shut the boot and thought all was well, I chickened out as I thought that the car would not be alarmed etc overnight, so I went to open the boot and it wouldn't open!! Starting to panic now as all of the doors are open.

I called the Benz 24 hour support for help and waited for a call back. It took me an age to get in, as the lock was semi-seized due to non-use. Finally it opened and I reconnected the battery.

The engineer from 24hr support calls back and I tell him I'm in and sorry for the waste of his time however he said that my troubles were not over.

Upon starting the car the ABS and BAS/ESP light stays on...

To fix this he says turn the steering full lock to the left and then full lock to the right and then back to the centre...This cured the lights!!!!:eek:

Next up was the question "Do you have all round electric windows"?

"Yes"

"Well the one touch operation won't work anymore on all of them"

To fix this and you will have to do it to each window, Hold the button down on the first button click until the window is fully open, The window will not open on the full button depress or close for that matter!!!

Now do the window up on the first button click and when it reach's the top hold the button down on the first click for a further 5 secs. After 5 secs release and all is fixed!! :eek:

Apparently there is a similar fix for the powered sunroof...

I had to share this with you guys as I'm sure this will catch people out when working on hifi/alarms etc

Originally posted by Wheelie
To fix this and you will have to do it to each window, Hold the button down on the first button click until the window is fully open, The window will not open on the full button depress or close for that matter!!!

Now do the window up on the first button click and when it reach's the top hold the button down on the first click for a further 5 secs. After 5 secs release and all is fixed!! :eek:
lol been there done that! If you unplug any of the doors at the sill it makes you do that, caught me out the first time too... :)

Glad you got it sorted now :)

Thanks I’m going to treat this as a reminder and lube my boot lock at the weekend.

I was in exactly the same situation when my ABS light came on; I thought I’d try resetting the computer by disconnecting the battery – big mistake; it took ages to get into the boot again. It’s posted on here somewhere.

Is your car better now?

Originally posted by Wheelie

I remember having to do that on Vauxhall's I had quite a few years ago after disconnecting the battery.

I also found the one touch didnt work after disconnecting battery.

But I cured mine by pointing remote at the drivers door handle and keeping the unlock button pressed, after about 3 sec's all the window went down as they should.

I then pressed lock button till all the windows went up ans hey presto all fixed.

Mind you it took a hour testing all fuses and the above was a last resort :( .

Good to know , thanks dude...

Doesnt your heart stop for a min and what youve done flash before your eyes before you mutter under your breath ,, Sh1t..

Then you run about like a maddie trying to get it going again ... :p

Must admit, the odd swear word did float about as its been chucking it down all day over here in my neck of the woods, it was the last straw when the window wouldn't come up!!!
also I need the car for 5:30 in the morning to drive up your way....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom