Benz On The Green 2019 Drive out help needed. *free lunch for helpers*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BlackC55

Authorised Forum Sponsor
SUPPORTER
Car
E55K SL500 E250X2 Smart44 Brabus Track car E450Cabriolet X350 Pick up
Hi all,

I am in search of two people to help us with the drive out next year. One person to go at the front and one to go in the middle in case of being split up. You would need to familiarise yourself with the map/route and it would help to have a passenger to guide you if needed! I kind of sprung this on two unsuspecting victims last year (thankyou Andy/Ian!) so I thought I better be more organised this year!

A free lunch will be provided to the willing participants!

Thanks!

Natacha

A local guide would be ideal Tach, I'm sure there are a few who know the area.

I'd love to volunteer myself but I'd only get everyone lost and we'd probably all end up in a fuel station. Again. ;)

I don't mind doing it and probably I'll be on the bus again so easy to notice but as said ^ It's better for someone local to do that

I don't mind doing it and probably I'll be on the bus again so easy to notice but as said ^ It's better for someone local to do that

Doesn't really need to be someone local. Just ideally someone that can either memorise the route or have a passenger to guide :)

I should be able to. I ended up at the front of a pack last time just after leaving Goodwood and managed to find our way there :D
Zoe is not a good co-driver though, so if she's with me this time we might be worse off *runs and hides*

I should be able to. I ended up at the front of a pack last time just after leaving Goodwood and managed to find our way there :D
Zoe is not a good co-driver though, so if she's with me this time we might be worse off *runs and hides*

your booked!! Ill send you the info closer to the time!

I'll be happy to do it, if I have a passenger next year and not sure that I will. On my own, I'd not be much use.

Throwing an idea here, from actually driving these routes.

I think it is easier to go to various check points, like orienteering (i.e. a church, pub, etc)

Someone is going to get lost at some point. If you do lose the convo. then you can make your own route via sat. nav. or local knowledge.

Last edited:
I think there was a suggestions thread somewhere. It is a problem around East Lavant especially trying to maintain the group - we need to only go through junctions where we have right of way! Unfortunately that's only left turns into smaller roads, and no traffic lights or roundabouts - basically you end up in a cul-de-sac somewhere in Horndean :D

Throwing an idea here, from actually driving these routes.

I think it is easier to go to various check points, like orienteering (i.e. a church, pub, etc)

Someone is going to get lost at some point. If you do lose the convo. then you can make your own route via sat. nav. or local knowledge.

Thanks for your suggestion. Unfortunately there are too many cars to make this possible. We have the potential to p**s alot of people off parking 30/40 Mercedes in a church car park on a Saturday morning.... Everyone will have the route pre-sent in an email with the postcode for the pub so if you get left behind/split up, you can just make your way to the pub :) Its worked well enough for the past few years without too much drama :)

Natacha

I'd of done it but I dont know the route & don't think you could afford to feed me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom