benzworld and malware??

nick.ged

Car
mutty the nail; wide body amg 124 coupe
dont know if this has been discussed before, but i have started getting warnings from my virus software about benzworld, any one else getting this? or any experience of it?

martyz

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
ClK 209,190E 201.
eek post 666, you haven't brought it with you,have you?

OP
OP
nick.ged

nick.ged

Car
sorry about the dual post, i have just visited the report page from google, it makes no sense, because it says benzworld is suspected of ...bla bla, then when you read the stats, it says no issues over last 90 days?????????

OP
OP
nick.ged

nick.ged

Car
have been using opra for the las tfew months, with no reports, only installed chrome the other day, wonder if it is a chrome issue?

Richak

Car
C320 CDi
Got the same as well, using Google Chrome. Nothing using explorer.

OP
OP
nick.ged

nick.ged

Car
yes, thought so, just used opra again, and it went straight on with no warnings.

renault12ts

MB Club Veteran
Car
2005 W215 CL500.
Everyone's getting the message...but it's safe to ignore.

whitenemesis

MB Club Veteran
SUPPORTER
Car
Lexus RC300h F-Sport 2019
Try switching off the phishing & malware protection in Chrome?

bbenz

Car
SL500
Once in a while, I saw "phishing warning" from McAfee when clicking some thread. Today, it's malware warning by the browser.
If the warnings are all true, I think hackers want to steal my wheel. How low can they stoop to get it???

Attachments

• bwmalware.jpg
    bwmalware.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 85

bpsorrel

MB Enthusiast
Car
'21 C300 Coupe, '20 SLC Final Edition, Peugeot 208 (hers!) and a new Ford Kuga in Russia
I had this happen to one of my client sites a while ago and it turned out to be a hacked page on the server that had a virus attached! Cleaned all the files and replaced on the server and all was well. This is becoming more prevalent, unfortunately.

KillerHERTZ

Administrator
Staff member
Car
CLS63 AMG
Ive never been able to properly view Benzworld, its too slow and too many ads. This is on numerous PCs aswell.

BoyracerAU

Car
1985 W123 230E & 1994 R129 SL500
I had a malware scare the other day and I think it's possible that I may have visited benzworld.

It resulted in a call from my bank to say that, whilst my accounts had not been compromised, their system had detected malware on whatever pc I had used, and that I needed to change my passwords and install software from malwarebytes.org. I already had this software on my hope pc, but it seems we'd not considered malware at the office. As I say, fortunately no compromise, but what a nuisance!

bbenz

Car
SL500
I think other browsers didn't give warning because they didn't search content. Chrome is awesome. It was more specific about suspected malware because it found some hybrid...

Attachments

• benzworldmalware1.jpg
    benzworldmalware1.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 21

Bobby Dazzler

MB Club Veteran
SUPPORTER
Car
ML AMG-line Black Series
I had a malware scare the other day and I think it's possible that I may have visited benzworld.

It resulted in a call from my bank to say that, whilst my accounts had not been compromised, their system had detected malware on whatever pc I had used, and that I needed to change my passwords and install software from malwarebytes.org. I already had this software on my hope pc, but it seems we'd not considered malware at the office. As I say, fortunately no compromise, but what a nuisance!
Are you absolutely sure the call was from your bank, and not the bad guys?

Ted

MB Enthusiast
Car
SLC 250D AMG Line, Yamaha XVS 1100, Jeep Renegade
It’s spam. I’ve reported it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom