benzworld and malware??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nick.ged

Car
mutty the nail; wide body amg 124 coupe
dont know if this has been discussed before, but i have started getting warnings from my virus software about benzworld, any one else getting this? or any experience of it?

eek post 666, you haven't brought it with you,have you?

sorry about the dual post, i have just visited the report page from google, it makes no sense, because it says benzworld is suspected of ...bla bla, then when you read the stats, it says no issues over last 90 days?????????

have been using opra for the las tfew months, with no reports, only installed chrome the other day, wonder if it is a chrome issue?

Got the same as well, using Google Chrome. Nothing using explorer.

yes, thought so, just used opra again, and it went straight on with no warnings.

Everyone's getting the message...but it's safe to ignore.

Try switching off the phishing & malware protection in Chrome?

Once in a while, I saw "phishing warning" from McAfee when clicking some thread. Today, it's malware warning by the browser.
If the warnings are all true, I think hackers want to steal my wheel. How low can they stoop to get it???

Attachments

• bwmalware.jpg
    bwmalware.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 85
I had this happen to one of my client sites a while ago and it turned out to be a hacked page on the server that had a virus attached! Cleaned all the files and replaced on the server and all was well. This is becoming more prevalent, unfortunately.

Ive never been able to properly view Benzworld, its too slow and too many ads. This is on numerous PCs aswell.

I had a malware scare the other day and I think it's possible that I may have visited benzworld.

It resulted in a call from my bank to say that, whilst my accounts had not been compromised, their system had detected malware on whatever pc I had used, and that I needed to change my passwords and install software from malwarebytes.org. I already had this software on my hope pc, but it seems we'd not considered malware at the office. As I say, fortunately no compromise, but what a nuisance!

I think other browsers didn't give warning because they didn't search content. Chrome is awesome. It was more specific about suspected malware because it found some hybrid...

Attachments

• benzworldmalware1.jpg
    benzworldmalware1.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 21
I had a malware scare the other day and I think it's possible that I may have visited benzworld.

It resulted in a call from my bank to say that, whilst my accounts had not been compromised, their system had detected malware on whatever pc I had used, and that I needed to change my passwords and install software from malwarebytes.org. I already had this software on my hope pc, but it seems we'd not considered malware at the office. As I say, fortunately no compromise, but what a nuisance!
Are you absolutely sure the call was from your bank, and not the bad guys?

It’s spam. I’ve reported it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom