bernie does it again

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Angling for a Swiss Grand Prix perhaps?

It's a fine line ... how the message in the advert is intrepreted by joe public.

But, Ecclestone is an arrogant prat - still prefer the DTM better racing than the so called F1.

I felt sorry for him. To describe me as a paid up member of the Bernie Ecclestone fan club is missing the mark entirely, but mugging an 80 year old man in the street? That's not on.

Gaz

Completely inappropriate ad for the brand and a loss of more dignity for Bernie. The only reason he should consider using that image would be to shame the coward(s) who attacked him.

Buy a Hublot.

Look like Bernie Ecclestone and get the sh*t kicked out of you whilst being mugged.

Not for me, I'm out.

The advert will only appear in the FT and IHT, so it will have a fairly select audience. And no-one in the market for a Hublot watch is going to be in any doubt about its desirability to muggers.

Ecclestone's injuries had a lot to do with the fact that he stood up to the muggers, whereas many half his age would (perhaps sensibly) have just handed everything over for an easy life. I, for one, admire his pluck, and I think to inflict such injuries on someone is utterly shameful - never mind the fact that he's in his ninth decade.

I've not heard any suggestion that he's requested payment for this advert. In fact, it is less an advert and more a pugnacious message of definance. "Hublot said that Ecclestone sent a picture of himself along with a short note to Hublot boss Jean-Claude Biver on the day of the attack. The watch brand said that the pair have a similar sense of humour and decided to use the picture to make an advert with the tag line 'See what people will do for a Hublot'."

More like Bernie was trying to tap them for a freebie.

That's not quite what I meant. Yes, he can easily afford a replacement, but Hublot would also give him a free replacement without a second thought. Apart from that, it was probably (though not necessarily) insured.

My point was that by no stretch of the imagination would be need to offer them his advertising services in order to secure a freebie.

I'm sure there are people that would love to kick seven bells out of him and give him a Hublot.

I'm sure there are people that would love to kick seven bells out of him and give him a Hublot.

Why?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom