BERU TPM Sensors for 2003 SL55

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brabus SL

Car
Brabus SL55 K8
Can anybody suggest where is the best place to buy new BERU TPM Sensors, I have a 2003 SL55....I think the BERU part number is RDE001?

Hey Cliff, MB were the cheapest when i had to het mine, check if the valves are corroding as its prob best to replace them too at the same time

Hey Cliff, MB were the cheapest when i had to het mine, check if the valves are corroding as its prob best to replace them too at the same time

And,

a) ensure you use the plastic valve caps, the Mercedes metal ones corrode to the aluminium valve stems
b) ensure that the valve stem is tightened properly (Kwikfit didn't and it cost them a Pirelli Pzero that got run on flat as air escaped when cornering
c) Note the serial number on the valve stems before you install them because you have to put it into Star diagnosis. If you don't know it you have to work out which is which by deflating tyres, re-inflating etc and its a PITA.
d) Ensure any old valve is very far from the car when programming in the new valve (i.e don't leave them in a bag in the boot) or it just doesn't program properly

All of this from experience on my own :-(

Richard

Just curious, it says everywhere i see that TPMS sensors need to be installed by a mechanic with the correct tools, and tightened to the correct torque. Do all of the main tyre companies do this as standard, or do they charge extra for it ?? Cant seem to find it advertised on any of the normal tyre dealers sites.

Also would they programme it asweel, ordoes it have to be done by someone with STAR.

Thanks

Nick

Just curious, it says everywhere i see that TPMS sensors need to be installed by a mechanic with the correct tools, and tightened to the correct torque. Do all of the main tyre companies do this as standard, or do they charge extra for it ?? Cant seem to find it advertised on any of the normal tyre dealers sites.

Also would they programme it asweel, ordoes it have to be done by someone with STAR.

Thanks

Nick

You need a deep socket with a thin wall as it has to go down a narrow gap between the stem and the edge of the wheel, a torque wrench for relatively low torques and a tool (a spikey thing) that can hold the base of the valve (which has a hole in it for the spikey thing)

As I mentioned before, get it wrong and the tyre deflates under load. And yes, you need Star diagnosis - but if you keep a note of which serial number valve is on which wheel location then that bit can get done later easily enough

R

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom