Best battery advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Deano1972

Car
Mercedes c220 cdi amg sport plus
i have a 2013 c220 cdi and want to buy a new battery and want to know what best to go for ,thanks dean

Have you checked which battery and the spec already fitted? For a 2013 car, it should be the original one.
I'd get a quote from the dealer first (MB Grangemouth or Newcastle) and have the car details at hand, then see if it compares with the spec of this battery for price.

EA1000 Exide Premium Car Battery 017TE - Exide Car Batteries

your car should have a type 110, 80Ah AGM battery normally.
I fit BANNER batteries, top quality, factory fit on quite a few german brands (but not mercedes AFAIK).
If buying online, try TAYNA batteries.
If local, as AMGeed says, mercedes genuine stuff is surisingly reasonable if you can haggle some better discount.

I got a Yuasa battery from Halfords for my CLS , it was around £100 with my (easily obtainable) trade card.

Kenny

your car should have a type 110, 80Ah AGM battery normally.
I fit BANNER batteries, top quality, factory fit on quite a few german brands (but not mercedes AFAIK).
If buying online, try TAYNA batteries.
If local, as AMGeed says, mercedes genuine stuff is surisingly reasonable if you can haggle some better discount.

One of my previous 210's had a Banner battery. It went on for years............a good brand not very well known.

According to Tayna, the OP's car needs a Type 019 battery?

One of my previous 210's had a Banner battery. It went on for years............a good brand not very well known.

According to Tayna, the OP's car needs a Type 019 battery?

quite often the guides will give the wrong info. from my experience, on w204's, pre-facelift is in the boot, and on diesel's it is a 019, but on facelift models it's in the front and only a 110 fits.
physically looking to check before buying is a must, as an 019 won't fit in the front on a w204 unlike a w203.

My Mercedes had a BOSCH S5 battery, died in 4.5 years, no chance on warranty.
Bought a YUASA off e bay, delivered £94.00. Seems to do the job

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom