Best battery maintenance device

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

demetrios

Car
R129 500SL
Hello

About to put my R129 500SL away until spring. What trickle charger/battery maintenance device do you recommend for the big battery in these cars??

Regards
Demetrios

Use what MB sell as their own ...
Ctek MXS 5.0

Anyone tried the NOCO ones?

The fact MB sell the Ctek rebadged as their own should tell you all that's needed.
Tried and tested as compatible with MB systems.
Had mine on the CLS55 for 4yrs, no problems

Have had 2 Ctek for over 5 years , never had a problem with either of them or my batteries

$_58.JPG

Great value for money , two colour backlit indicator and goes back to the mode you were using if the power is cut unlike Lidl's Ultimate Speed ULGD 3.8 A1 which wants you to reselect a mode before it begins charging .

MSX5 ctek is the way to go.

+1 for CTEK MXS 5, used one for the past 3 years to keep my 3 cars batteries in good shape.

Ctek mxs5.0 user here too for my R230 SL

I may as well go with the flow and state that I also use the MXS5.0 on both my W213 and the W201.

Basically it just works, which is all you could ask for really.

Waiting for my new Goodyear eagle asymmetric to arrive today then gonna get the hard top cleaned from in the shed and spiders removed then into winter garage storage it will go with a ctek charger as you guys suggest.

Thank you

Do you do anything in regards to the petrol lefr in the car while its in storage? Only asking as its gonna be in storage longer this time. Normally dec-march
Now will be oct-april

You could throw some gas stabiliser in but I have my boat out of the water from October to April and it's always started 1st time, every season, without any stabiliser.

I use a mixture of C-Tek and Lidl chargers on my various batteries, the only negative being that the Lidl ones revert to off mode, after a power cut. C-Tek's revert to previous mode so, in essence, keep right on maintaining, as they should. Of course, the saving is significant Lidl/C-Tek.

Do you do anything in regards to the petrol lefr in the car while its in storage? Only asking as its gonna be in storage longer this time. Normally dec-march
Now will be oct-april

One of my cars is stored every winter from end of October to beginning of April and, apart from connecting the CTEK and making sure it's locked to go into sleep mode, I don't take any special precautions. I don't worry about how much fuel is in the tank and I keep the tyres at the correct pressure anyway.

I put a thin dust cover over it and that's it.

I used to store my w211 about 8 months a year 4 months at a time, alway put a few extra pounds of air in the tyres to try to avoid flat spots, never a problem with the diesel

Another vote for the ctek...... had my present one for damn near 10 years and its still doing its job.

Big fan of the current 'Lidl' one, lovely smart charger, brings it right up to charge, then automatically regulates itself to keep battery at that level. Positive bargain at £14.99! Attached is photo of my father-in-laws Christmas pressie! (Sshhh... don't tell him!)

Lidl battery charger LoRes.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom