Best Blackberry?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SHAUNE55

Banned
Car
'01 E55 : '99 E55
I like phones with buttons and my present phone is well old!!
I've been looking at the B/berry torch 9800 because that has a touch screen also.
I have now come across lots of other models, I want internet access, a good camera/video.
To be honest I will not use internet services that much but would like it for emergencies like last minute ebay bidding when I'm not at home.
Also I'll be going on holiday and will need to have access to my email and forums.
So which would people recommend?
Cheers.

Get an i-phone. You will never want to go near a BB again. I speak as a big BB user who was dragged kicking and screaming to the i-phone. 14 months on and still going strong. The Apple interface is so intuitive and simplistic. Apps include e-bay, Amazon etc. Good Camera with video and even our very own MB-club app.

Get an i-phone. You will never want to go near a BB again. I speak as a big BB user who was dragged kicking and screaming to the i-phone. 14 months on and still going strong. The Apple interface is so intuitive and simplistic. Apps include e-bay, Amazon etc. Good Camera with video and even our very own MB-club app.

I got an android phone as an upgrade and sent it back, it took me 20 minutes to send a text that would have been 30 seconds on this old thing I have.
The problem was the touch screen, I was getting letters for the one next to the one I wanted and had to keep deleting.
Which i-phone would you recommend?
My main reason for Blackberry is buttons, new phones have all gone away form them.

I have a Blackberry 9360for work and an iPhone for pleasure. Lots of people are dead impressed with my 9360 - it's only a Curve, but it's super slim. Great phone.

i-phone 4s would be the way to go. text - email etc are an acquired skill with most phones including BB Nokia's etc. On the i-phone if you turn the phone sideways it enlarges the keys and the text or you can enlarge by default or swipe the screen with thumb and forefinger to enlarge/zoom. It takes a couple of days to get used to the Apple way of working but as I said, once you do you start thinking how did manage previously. I have a 3GS that keeps and plays all my banging toons in the car. Gives me a GPS for every gold course in the UK, accurate weather and all the daily papers along with Sky News, BBC News, ITV News and all the sports channels. Oh it also has free sat nav with safety camera alerts. It does not destroy suit pockets. SOme say it makes you more attractive to the opposite sex. However I am hideously good looking so have been unable to test that.

I have the Curve 9360. If you want a small/light phone its great. You can almost forget you have it. Camera seems pretty good too. However the screen really is too small for useful internet browsing.

I had a BB, used an iPhone for a month, then had an android for 6 months, now have a BB 9900 and very happy with it.

The 9900 is big, but had a great keyboard and is highly functional. The 9780 is supposed to be good too.

I concur with brucemillar.
My iPhone makes ME irresistable to the opposite sex, and I'm seriously ugly.

iPhone it has to be.

And on another note, my job role means that I can have any mobile phone I want.
The iPhone beats all of the others hands down (imho of course)

I'm very happy with my BB 9780 but if I did much more emailing from it then the wider keyboard models are a lot easier to type on.

Many of our guys have iPhones, and my missus has one so I've used them quite a lot. They are a lot more 'fun' but I still thiink they don't work that well as 'phones and the battery lifetime is a real issue if you do a bit of travelling.

Thanks for all the replies, like I said I had a android touch screen and it wasn't for me.
I think the blackberry is more up my street due to 99% of the time it will just be a phone, also I don't really want to spend much for that reason.
I could get a new anything simply by phoning T-mobile but I just want to buy a phone because I have a great deal on my what is now a sim only contract and adding unlimited data will only cost me an extra fiver a month.
I think I have some data allowance anyway, I'm planning a trip to the US so I need to keep in touch with emails etc.
I've been looking at lots of reviews on youtube and some non touch screen bb's will do for me.
It is better for me to buy one than pay more than double what I pay now for 24 months.
Back to research!!

I bought a Blackberry for exactly the same reason, I tried two touch screen phones and I just couldn't get on with them.

I have the Curve, it does exactly what I need to do and I find texts refreshingly easy to write.

I got the phone free on Vodafone as an upgrade and kept my £20 a month contract.

I have to say though I'm not someone that has to have the latest gadget, it's a phone to me that also texts, nothing more than that.

The best one is one that is switched off :devil:

My wife has the 9900 and loves it, i have a 9300 which I will soon replace for another BB :wallbash:

Samsung Galaxy SII (iphone beater)

If it has to be a BB stick to the bold series, I had a 9700 and it was a v. nice phone.

Samsung Galaxy SII (iphone beater)

If it has to be a BB stick to the bold series, I had a 9700 and it was a v. nice phone.

I've actually just narrowed it down to one of those and another that I can't remember off hand.
Seems to do what I will need, I've been using a Nokia 6500 classic since it came out about 5 years ago and the buttons are getting tired.
I just need a phone that's a phone with a few extras, and buttons!

I have a BB 9900 and it's brilliant much better for business than an i phone and integrates perfectly with my BB Playbook which are now < £200 so makes it a no brainer compared to the cost of an iphone and ipad. Buttons on 9900 are better spaced and it has touch screen as well with pinch and pull to zoom or minimise.

All round its a good peice of kit but batter y only lasts 1.5 - 2 days compared to my BB Bold 9700 which would do 5 days without charge

I have a BB 9900 and it's brilliant much better for business than an i phone and integrates perfectly with my BB Playbook which are now < £200 so makes it a no brainer compared to the cost of an iphone and ipad.

Sorry to hijack the thread but since the new playbook software release the otherday, I have to say that £160 for the 16GB playbook is an absolute steal now.

Seriously folks, this is now a great bit of kit for the money - get one before others realise and the price goes back up.

If you have a Blackberry too, the new remote control functions are superb.

Sorry to hijack the thread but since the new playbook software release the otherday, I have to say that £160 for the 16GB playbook is an absolute steal now.

Seriously folks, this is now a great bit of kit for the money - get one before others realise and the price goes back up.

If you have a Blackberry too, the new remote control functions are superb.

I agree new OS makes it very useable for a fraction of the price of an ipad, saw them in the airport the other day 16Gb £149.99, well pleased with mine as you say a quality peice of kit :thumb:

Don't forget with the iPhone 4s you can dictate text messages using Siri.

What's the battery life like on the Iphone 4s??

Don't forget with the iPhone 4s you can dictate text messages using Siri.

You can dictate text and e mail and BBM on Blackberry using Vlingo (BB version of Siri ):thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom