Best budget tyre?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Blowpipe

Car
2019 E220d Cabrio
I've got a set of Nexen tyres on my E320 at the moment, the rears are getting towards the end of their life. I think I'll probably swap all four when the time comes.

Nexen get mixed reviews. Any recommendations?

I had Neuton NT8000s on my SAAB Aero. Gripped well wet and dry, lasted well. I don't know whether they are available in youir sizes, though. HTH.

I now have tigar seneris on the rear of my 208 very impressed so far, they are made by Michelin in Serbia but factory is managed and technically run by the French

Prior to these and still on the front are Nankang ns2 no problems in 30000 miles great grip in wet and dry

Nexen n6000 second set on my c5. Better than the michelins fitted from new.

Nankang are no longer budget-priced... and they are OE on some W205 models.

My Kia came with Nexen tyres, they seem OK, but the Kia isn't driven very much so it is difficult for me to tell.

markjay said:
Nankang are no longer budget-priced... and they are OE on some W205 models. My Kia came with Nexen tyres, they seem OK, but the Kia isn't driven very much so it is difficult for me to tell.

That's one of the reasons I didn't replace like for like and put another set if Nankang on the rear the prices had jumped dramatically into Falken and Kumho territory. There's a thread on my tigar seneris but for wide 18" at around £55 a corner they are a bargain but I have to say I had no issues with the Nankang NS2 a great tyre

Just had a scan through the mytyres site and there's some wierd and wonderful brands out there, some stupidly cheap to the extent that they must be awful.

I reckon about the 70-80 mark should get something half decent and durable.

Tricky, isn't it? I want to get a balance of performance (grip & safety) balanced against tyre longevity and value for money.

No real budget but would really like to keep it under £400 to change and fit a new set.

Those Goodyear tyres are £11 cheaper per tyre than on camskill.

Falcon 914's are very good and in your price range and better than Pirelli P7's or Hankook Ventus Primes, they can be noisy on certain road surfaces though like concrete. £71 each on Mytyres.co.uk

Fit Michelin Primacy HP3 and enjoy good grip, quiet running and low cost per mile.

I'd never pay more than £10 to have this size tyre fitted.

If they were low profile or run flats then I would pay up to £20 per tyre.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom