Best budget tyre

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My Kia came with factory-fitted Nexen tyres and they were fine. Also, some new Mercs come with Hankook tyres, so they must be fine as well. /QUOTE]

My last E220 came with Hankooks and they performed and lasted well. I'll admit I was was sceptical....

However my 2018 E220 has Pirellis fitted whilst my daughter's slightly later 2018 A180 has Hankooks. I do have a set of Vredesteins for the E220 in winter though.

I believe that my wife's new GLC is coming with Pirellis.

Where do these people come from!! Yes I can afford a merc, and a Ferrari come to that trust me!!,just I choose not to, that ok jezzzz

Avon’s are a good mid range tyre. Used them for years. Never had any issues whatsoever. I have the ZZ5s on my Mercedes and they are absolutely fine. Been all over Europe. Through the alps. Up switchback mountain passes. Never ever had any issue. I could afford to out any brand of tyre on my cars, but generally stick with mid range Avon’s and Uniroyals. Unless you have a powerful sports model that you drive hard you really don’t need to be spending on continentals etc imho. Incidentally, Avon’s are factory fit on Caterhams and are used on all Caterham race cars.

Caterham | Avon Motorsport

To anyone interested - Costco are going to have an offer on Michelin and Goodyear in about three weeks time,

as long as you're not fitting accelera phi , you're not picking the worst wet weather tyres ive experienced , other than those death rings fitted to the 6.3 litre holden i hired in australia once.

Just had pirellis fitted to my c250 for £100 a corner (including fitting) at f1autocentres, no complaints with them so far.

I used Nankangs on my cl55 and found them to be good, it originally came on autogrips and they were ****ing awful!!! Also had a set of acceleras on an s class diesel which did the job.

It's a pity nobody can post their opinion on the forum without someone (the OP) taking offence.
I thought we were all adults here.
Too many snowflakes around these days.
Buy a Vredestein, Falken , kumho etc and enjoy. All relatively good and reasonably priced.

Also, some new Mercs come with Hankook tyres, so they must be fine as well.
+1 for Hankook.

Changes all four from Continentals and they are miles better.

Where do these people come from!!...........

Nice attitude......

You ask a question and get an answer along with a reasonably well proven fact that tyres are important and you might not want to spend the least possible on them.

You've been on the forum a while, chill and appreciate both the time taken to reply and a fair opinion offered.

PS, mid range tyres are fine on most cars (even mercs) as you will no doubt know, and I have found Openeo good

There’s a lot of rubbish talked about tyres, wether you’re in a Merc or a skoda. I had two rears on 255 / 18 three years ago, I chose hankook after research, absolutely brilliant road holding, plus they have done 26k with 4 mill left. I have also used landsail, also good a experience. A lot hangs on the way you drive. I can buy tyres at £220 each or £80 each guess which I may choose next, safety being the main priority.
By the way, I stopped road racing 20 years ago.

Avon ZZ5 are an excellent tyre equivalent in performance to many premium manufacturers, yet very well priced.

225/40/18s are £70 each fully fitted from National tyres.
Had these on one of mine and after a few 1000 miles thought my wheel bearings were shot, turned out to be the tyres, nothing wrong with them, just noisy and I was a bit paranoid as had been having wheel bearing issues on another Merc. Only found it after checking the bearings and persevering for a couple of months then had a flat and put spare (full size Conti) on and noise almost dissipated. Changed tyres and noise gone.

To the op. Try falkens or nankangs . Tyre guru. Tyre leader.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom