Best Car Air Freshener

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hotcfdog

Car
CLA220d 4 Matic
What’s the best way to keep the car smelling fresh.

Any good brands? I don’t think I can put a magic tree up!

What do you recommend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the California Scents as they seem to give the fragrance, Cherry being my preference.

They last for months and I top them up using the chemical guys Cherry spray to recharge them if you like.

Though to be honest having whatever leather Mercedes put in the car it's always a struggle for scent supremacy as my previous fabric interiors seemed to hold the fragrances better.

Also worth googling home made sprays my organic loving sister brews one that is antibacterial (so she says) with a super strong lavender, lemon scent which is quite nice and refreshing.

Magic Trees/Little Trees are actually OK in my opinion, they can cost less than £1 each and are available in a multitude of scents, so surely at least one to suit every individual's taste. These days you can buy a plastic holder that the Tree clips into, and the sticky pad on the back allows you to locate it discretely inside the car, rather than have it dangling from the rear-view mirror. My only criticism is that the scent doesn't last too long, but with the price it doesn't break the bank to replace them fortnightly or even weekly if desired.

My personal preference is the Gliptone Liquid Leather Aroma Pad. This square of material is supplied with elastic fasteners, and is designed to attach under your seat. The 'leather' smell can seem quite chemically, but undeniably a leather scent, and is definitely strong enough to last for a couple of months or so. In fact the scent is strong enough that after spending an hour driving my car I'm convinced that my clothes also smell of 'leather'! May not be to everyone's taste, especially if your car doesn't have a leather interior, but if you like the smell then they are certainly worth the money.

If you are looking for something to keep the car 'fresh' then Refresh New Car Scent Odour Eliminating Scented Gel is quite effective, but the scent is very subtle. The canister fits in a cup holder and has an adjustable lid, although even with it fully open the scent is barely noticeable. My only gripe with these is that through summer, when the car interior temperature can soar, the gel can dissolve and dry out in only a few days!

Last edited:
I like the California Scents as they seem to give the fragrance, Cherry being my preference.

I was going to say the exact same thing. There's a few California Scents that will literally last months, the Coronado Cherry being one of them. They do a Bubblegum fragrance that lasts too. I buy them online though as in places like Halfords they're over priced. If you can get the plastic lids on them you can open/close them so it's not overpowering.

To be honest if I see Magic Trees or similar going cheap then I may give them a try. The Jelly Belly ones seem to last fairly well but few of the hanging ones last longer than 3-4 weeks really.

I was going to say the exact same thing. There's a few California Scents that will literally last months, the Coronado Cherry being one of them. They do a Bubblegum fragrance that lasts too. I buy them online though as in places like Halfords they're over priced. If you can get the plastic lids on them you can open/close them so it's not overpowering.

To be honest if I see Magic Trees or similar going cheap then I may give them a try. The Jelly Belly ones seem to last fairly well but few of the hanging ones last longer than 3-4 weeks really.

I meant to say longest fragrance in my post but missed out a whole word there lol.

I only started "recharging" them fairly recently when I picked up the Chem guys cherry spray air freshener from slims detailing trying to get my order over £50.

On it's one the smell is quite strong bit marzipanish to me and only seems to last till it dries but peel the lid of the cali scents one and give the fibre wool a few drop works a treat.

When I done my better halfs car I saturated the thing with the chem guys stuff but IMO couldn't smell it the next morning.

That's a handy tip as I'd never thought to re-use them once they're done. Although I have put them in certain places round the house as they still leave a feint smell.

You're right the cherry scents often have a marzipan smell to them! :)

Little trees are £1 on amazon atm if it helps :)

There's a few California Scents that will literally last months, the Coronado Cherry being one of them. They do a Bubblegum fragrance that lasts too.
I back California Scents too. Strawberry, melon or mango are the ones for me. Last ages too.

One of those big Yankee candles in a bucket of sand placed in the passenger footwell, putting it down there stops the candle flicker messing up your night vision and the flame is great for lighting blunts. :thumb::rock:

Haha

Thanks for this, are they very sweet?

A dozen or so panty pads placed under the seats, glovebox, boot compartment etc. :D

The leather smell :- Leather Aroma Gel - Furniture Clinic

Or a small plastic box with lid, (like a Chinese takeaway one), drill holes in top, half fill with washing powder. Pop it under your seat.
It acts as a dehumidifier, and your car smells laundry fresh.

Change the powder when it cakes (throw it in the washer).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom