Best code reader / clearer to buy for my era MB.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MWCLS

MB Enthusiast
Car
S320 CDI Perlite Gray Metallic 2005
Morning All, I'm thinking of purchasing a Code reader/Clearer for my S320 CDI 2005 MY, only reason being the AA guy cleared around 37 historic stored codes all sorts of stuff which he attributed to when it had a new battery last year and the codes weren't cleared. DARE I say it . I have had no issues with red Bath warning light.

I would like some recommendations for a good all rounder which would be straight forward to use if I do have any future issues it will direct roughly to what's up.

I'm not fussed about coding etc. Just viewing any codes, clearing them and maybe when driving seeing live data.

Any recommendations.

TIA

Michael

ICarsoft i980 is what I use, about £100 and saves getting Star out for simple things.

Yes as above a little more expensive than others but it is dedicated to mercedes,if you want to find something cheaper make sure it will turn off the air bag light most cheaper ones will not do this I have found

One thing to be aware of - the iCarsoft MB II and iCarsoft MB V2.0 are two different units, the latter is a fourth generation, with some additional features, which may, or may not be relevant, although I'm pretty certain your would see benefits of going for the V2.0 as your car is a diesel (one of the main new features has something to do with DPF (?) - I know nothing about diesel cars).

There are some fakes and clones, etc, so it's best, in my opinion, to get it from the UK only authorised distributor - UK Parts Direct: Test

I bought one, and it's easy to use, very intuitive, helped me a lot already, the only negative point is - you have to go through the vehicle selection sequence every time, I wish they would introduce a facility to store details for one or few cars. Maybe when the software update comes ...

Thank you for the replies.. I'm going go with iCarsoft MB II V2.0.

Reactions: GLK
Thank you for the replies.. I'm going go with iCarsoft MB II V2.0.

when you get it , go onto the icarsoft website and download the updater , its possible new files are waiting for it already , enjoy it . mines saved me £100's in the past ..

Thanks I just ordered the V2.0 direct from their website ( £137.99) Royal Mail next day delivery.

The wife will defiantly think I have lost the plot when she sees this lol.. I'll have to deflect by saying saving £000,'s by not using garages to read and erase codes!

One thing to be aware of - the iCarsoft MB II and iCarsoft MB V2.0 are two different units, the latter is a fourth generation, with some additional features, which may, or may not be relevant, although I'm pretty certain your would see benefits of going for the V2.0 as your car is a diesel (one of the main new features has something to do with DPF (?) - I know nothing about diesel cars).

There are some fakes and clones, etc, so it's best, in my opinion, to get it from the UK only authorised distributor - UK Parts Direct: Test

I bought one, and it's easy to use, very intuitive, helped me a lot already, the only negative point is - you have to go through the vehicle selection sequence every time, I wish they would introduce a facility to store details for one or few cars. Maybe when the software update comes ...

I followed your link and purchased direct from them.. like you and many others I'm wary of EBay!

Reactions: GLK
just tell the mrs what you save on make up and hair doos has paid for it.

just tell the mrs what you save on make up and hair doos has paid for it.
Ive not bought make up and my haircut is a 10er.. may see what all the fuss is about

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom