Best deal - W219 CLS55 AMG AGM Battery

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

moodi

Car
CLS55
Hi all,

As title, what is the go-to AGM battery for the W211 or W219 chassis at the mo?

MB do one for circa £140 but wanted to know if I could get the same or better for less £

£140 for an agm seems a bit cheap actually.....Or I paid too much. I assume you mean the large one in the boot not the aux battery under the bonnet.

Anyway Varta or Bosch should be fine and I always get mine next day delivery from Tanya (find on ebay)

Sorry yes I mean large one in the boot

Any model numbers for the Varta or Bosch?

I seem to remember that sourcing batteries via MB's commercial division was always a lot cheaper than the retail division.

In the US, there are only a handful of battery manufacturers so in most cases, you're getting the same battery with a different sticker and warranty. I expect it would be the same in the UK.

MB or Varta, think Varta supply MB, Mercedes gives 2 years warranty , think Varta 3 , suggest you go to Varta website

In the US, there are only a handful of battery manufacturers so in most cases, you're getting the same battery with a different sticker and warranty. I expect it would be the same in the UK.

Both Varta-branded and Bosch-branded batteries are made by Johnson Controls Inc. of Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA.

However, Varta do not sell directly to the public the battery models that it makes for MB.

This does not necessarily mean that aftermarket Varta batteries are of inferior quality or spec compared to the MB-branded batteries, or that they are not suitable for the car etc, but just to say that the only way to buy a battery of identical design and spec to the original battery is by buying it from MB.

Said that, you could argue that a battery is a battery and they all do fundamentally the same job.

mb dealers will do you a good deal, blag a members club discount, most will give something off.

Hi moodi, that’s much cheaper than I’ve seen for Genuine MB, what dealer was this?
Thanks

Bedford. Will provide the part number once I dig it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom