Best dealer service - Northampton, MK or Watford?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

S-class

Car
MB
Hi All

Need some warranty work done and was just wondering what MB dealer people have had good experiences with, theres plenty of reviews on Indys but not on the dealers, car is under warranty so I want to take it to the dealer.

Considering:

• MK
  • Watford
  • Northampton
  • Hertford
  • Stevenage
  • Bedford
  • Aylesbury
  • Stevenage
Happy to consider others not too far away if the service is better, I've been into MK and was left waiting quite a bit even when I had booked a time slot so first impressions so far are not great, I've visited 2 different dealers and service so far has been lacking so would be great to find one with good service :)

I have been with Inchcape in Coventry for about 7 years and they have been great with servicing and repairs (they have done a few goodwill jobs for me). If you call them and speak to either Dawn or John from the service department I'm sure they would sort out a loan car if you would rather not wait?

Coventry may however be further than you would be willing to travel but they are worth it!

Northampton refused to service my van and steered my towards the commercial dealers. At the time i wanted them to service it stating its is only a rebadged viano ... Their excuses included 'we can't get the parts' once i had recovered from fits of laughter i push some more. Their next excuse was.... 'we don't have the diagnostic equipment for that vehicle"

Getting fobbed off like that at the first hurdle... I would dread to think what they would come up with if there was ever an issue.

When I had my CLK the first owner had it serviced at an official MB van and truck service place rather than car dealer. A family member also had their nearly new V class serviced at one of these places and couldn't praise the service and technicians highly enough.

This was early 2000s though, I wonder if MBUK has stopped them working on anything other than vans/trucks.

I've had warranty work carried out at Watford, but that was arranged through Sales on a new-to-me used car. They were OK.

Aylesbury are nice people, but often difficult to get hold of.

I'd also recommend Inchcape at Oxford whose Service Dept. I find to be very professional and helpful.

Out of the ones you mention, MK have been the best for me. Lousy sales department, but service and parts are pretty good.

Just remembered, Oxford were good with my CLS warranty.

Hi All

Need some warranty work done and was just wondering what MB dealer people have had good experiences with, theres plenty of reviews on Indys but not on the dealers, car is under warranty so I want to take it to the dealer.

Considering:

• MK
  • Watford
  • Northampton
  • Hertford
  • Stevenage
  • Bedford
  • Aylesbury
  • Stevenage
Happy to consider others not too far away if the service is better, I've been into MK and was left waiting quite a bit even when I had booked a time slot so first impressions so far are not great, I've visited 2 different dealers and service so far has been lacking so would be great to find one with good service :)

Of the dealers you listed only Watford is owned by Mercedes, all the others are franchises. I have used Stevenage and Milton Keynes and found both to be pretty much on a par with each other. MK has the better hospitality area IMO which is handy for the long waits.

Thanks for the replies everyone, Coventry will be too far unfortunately, looks like MK should be ok from the replies above, also want to change my transmission fluid oil and they've quoted same price as Indy so might just get them to do it, I have said to drain torque converter too so hopefully they do that, I'll have to take their word for it!

If Watford are MB owned should you get better service there?

Not Watford - avoid
Not Stevenage for service - avoid (brilliant sales team, see my other post)
Not Colindale - avoid (not on your list but next closest to Watford), but great parts dept.

I'm really surprised there's so many dealers with bad service, previous car was a Honda and had great service from dealer compared to MB, wasted so much time so far with my approved used car trying to get pre existing issues resolved.

I wouldn't touch Watford with yours let alone mine

I'm really surprised there's so many dealers with bad service, previous car was a Honda and had great service from dealer compared to MB, wasted so much time so far with my approved used car trying to get pre existing issues resolved.

Bear in mind that opinions are tainted by peoples experiences, for some one bad service taints the dealer for ever in the eys of the person on the receiving end. I personally take dealerships for what they are and dont trust any of them, at the end of the day they want to make as much money out of you as possible.

I agree, even with our Honda we are carefull although the dealer has been brilliant, we're still cautious.

Bedford provided great service for warranty work, Northampton and Kettering had refused to carry out the same work.

Northampton and very consistent, unfortunately they are consistently bad. Unhelpful and over charged, and I don't mean expensive ( I expected that) I mean replaced parts that didn't need it - twice, hence I don't go there any more worth the trip to MK

In order of my experiences (helpfulness/expertise), best at top:

1 - MB Inchcape Oxford
2 - MB Synter Milton Keynes
3 - MB Sytner Northampton

I used to use Aylesbury for years as being on my way to work, but most of my recent work has been at Oxford, the service has been better there. The warranty service that gave was excellent on my CLS. They also give an MOT guarantee, which Aylesbury don't do

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom