Best Engine (exhaust) note

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Leabrooks

Car
CLK 270 CDI
Was thinking about this today (dont ask why, it just popped into my head) and bizarrely over and above all the big engined cars the Fiat 124 coupe (or spider) had the best rasp I've ever heard, followed by Fulvia's (Lancia) and GTA Alpha's.....whats yours?

Leabrooks said:
Was thinking about this today (dont ask why, it just popped into my head) and bizarrely over and above all the big engined cars the Fiat 124 coupe (or spider) had the best rasp I've ever heard, followed by Fulvia's (Lancia) and GTA Alpha's.....whats yours?

I'm a massive fan of the sound you get from all the AMG naturally aspirated cars, but have always like the sound of the straight 6 engine found in the older shape BMW M3. (Although I'm not a massive BMW fan).

Mmmmm

My all time favourite exhaust howl was a BMW 760 V12. Awesome!

My Ducati 900ss with Stage II Dynojet and carbon fibre termignonis was pretty cool. My wife could hear me coming home from over a mile away and it used to set off car alarms everywhere.

: ))

Honda V10 F1 engine
At full chat of course . . . . . :devil:

or an old 100cc 2-stroke kart engine from the late 80's pulling 20000+ rpm at some where like Jesolo - best sound ever! imho

Last edited:
Leabrooks said:

I had a 124 twin cam coupe. Fab noise - I agree!
Had a Lancia Beta Coupe too. Loved that engine and exhaust too.

Alfa romeo Alfasud 1500 Ti Cloverleaf with twin downdraft webers and Ansa exhaust, lovely rasp on acceleration and popping on throttle lift off!

Triumph 2 litre straight six by a country mile. Aso the Honda 250cc 180 deg. crank parallel twin also sounds very nice.

That Judd v10 is pretty cool. Based on an old f1 engine I think?
Speaking of f1, my vote is for a 1950's BRM V16.

Road cars, 15 years or so ago I had a 1982 Alfa GTV 6. The 2.5l. That had a lovely sound.

-t

Not the best in the world but my Golf r32 sounded sensational.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom