Best film with a Mercedes in a significant role?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I vaguely remember an action film where a silver W204 is driven across London in a car chase by the main character (James Bond?). Any ideas?

And then there’s Blondie singing “Call Me” in the scene setting opening sequence of “American Gigolo” as Richard Gere drives his 450SL into Malibu.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Who can forget his Armani outfit selection sequence, or him hanging upside down from a ceiling? But maybe we all remember different bits?

Last edited:
I can't believe no one has yet mentioned The Hangover . The damage to that lovely 1965 220 SE looks very real , I hope it's a replica or some very good Hollywood effects.
Good call. Like most movie motors, they had several cars. Some got trashed and a couple remained and got sold.

The question came up because I was talking about Paris in August, which is where they shot "C'etait un rendez-vous in Paris," also starring a 450SEL 6.9. (Dubbed with the sound of a Ferrari) A legend made at breakneck speeds on public roads when Tom Cruise was still a very young teenager.

Here's that suicidal eight minute movie; "C'etait un rendez-vous" that was filmed using a 450SEL, dubbed with the sound of a Ferrari.

No acceleration, no special effects, just insane that they got away with it.

Don't try this on the way back from your hols. Even early on an August Sunday morning.

Last edited:
Good call. Like most movie motors, they had several cars. Some got trashed and a couple remained and got sold.

Indeed. See for example:

Note (in 6:00) that they say that the 'damage' to the bodywork of the real car was done by wrapping it and then scratching the wrap, and the bullet holes in the windscreen were done by stickers on the glass.

Indeed. See for example:

Note (in 6:00) that they say that the 'damage' to the bodywork of the real car was done by wrapping it and then scratching the wrap, and the bullet holes in the windscreen were done by stickers on the glass.
Good one.

Such dreadful cars whose reputation was built by the movies. Drive badly, overheat, couldn’t pull the skin off a rice pudding.

Must look up that Brosnan Goldeneye Aston Ferrari “duel” which the stuntmen struggled so hard to look plausible. She could have whupped the Aston with a BMW 325i

Good one.

Such dreadful cars whose reputation was built by the movies. Drive badly, overheat, couldn’t pull the skin off a rice pudding.

Must look up that Brosnan Goldeneye Aston Ferrari “duel” which the stuntmen struggled so hard to look plausible. She could have whupped the Aston with a BMW 325i

The F355 GTS was driven by a Russian helicopter pilot... what do you expect? :D

CJ: "I didn't get to where I am today by.... answering the exam question." OK, so it's not a Mercedes in a movie, but hey..

CJ: "I didn't get to where I am today by.... answering the exam question." OK, so it's not a Mercedes in a movie, but hey..

[MEDIA
I see your Golden-fry,,, and raise you with the car driven by Blofeld's henchmen when they shot Bond's wife ( Diana Rigg 😍 ) all to a soundtrack by Louis Armstrong at his best..

and call ? 😇

I see your Golden-fry,,, and raise you with the car driven by Blofeld's henchmen when they shot Bond's wife ( Diana Rigg 😍 ) all to a soundtrack by Louis Armstrong at his best..

and call ? 😇

Well played, Sir !!

“Mornington Crescent !”

IMG_0892.jpeg

and call ? 😇

Interesting discussion regarding the other Mercedes (not the one driven by Telly Savalas):

To me it seems that the grille reads "Daimler":

images

Oddly enough (outside of the car world) this is probably the version most people are aware of. Open your eyes by Snow Patrol

Not in a movie, but I think this is an advertisement for a body shop owned by these two young gentlemen called Jay Z in a town called Kanye West. I wouldn't think it is still trading . The work done looks sub standard and it probably did not pass inspection by the Health & Safety commission.

Hummingbird, with Jason Statham and an old CLS and S Class.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom