Best filter advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Funkyboy

Car
E class
Hi All,

Going to service my E250 myself moving forward. GSF car parts currently has good deal on Mann oil and pollen filters. Pollen filter being carbon. Currently can get both for £29. Realise Mann is a decent brand not sure what oem Mercedes use?

Thanks

As suggested do check your main dealer. They can be surprisingly competitive, especially on “popular” parts.

MB filters are obviously good.

Personally, I'd buy MB, but equally I wouldn't mind using Mann, Hengst, Mahle, or Bosch.

(Some of the genuine MB filters I used in the past were made by Mann, if this helps)

If this is for the 651 engine then the OEM Air Filter is made by Mahle which is cheaper than Mann - I use Mann anyway but obviously Mahle is fine too as it’s OE.

To compare - a ‘genuine’ MB air filter stamped Mahle is around £37, and a normal Mahle one is £16. I ordered Mann on Amazon for £22 with prime next day delivery.

Pollen filter wise I’m not sure, but I always use the Mann Frecious Plus anyway which is one of the best on the market.

MB filters are obviously good.

Personally, I'd buy MB, but equally I wouldn't mind using Mann, Hengst, Mahle, or Bosch.

(Some of the genuine MB filters I used in the past were made by Mann, if this helps)
That settles why my oil filter which I removed today was a Mann filter today, I had the car serviced last time at a Mercedes dealership and did wonder why a Mann filter was on it, while the new one I got last week has AMG stamped on it (which adds 25bhp obviously)...

Used them all , find the build of Hengst and Bosch better than Mann .

For my 2014 model Euro Car Parts have a Bosch air filter for £26.69, cheap enough.

Subtotal:
£44.49
Discount (Mid Month Sale - Up to 45% Off Car Parts Online):
- £17.80
Total (inc VAT):
£26.69

Bosch oil filter is £5.51.
Would have thought to get cheapest pollen filter you can, unless you suffer acute hay fever.

Would have thought to get cheapest pollen filter you can, unless you suffer acute hay fever.
Fair enough if you care more about what your engine breathes in than your own lungs ;)

Fair enough if you care more about what your engine breathes in than your own lungs ;)

Think i might risk it, I sometimes even wind my windows down whilst driving.

not sure what oem Mercedes use

Mercedes don't make filters, they probably buy in the cheapest ones in bulk.

The Mann ones posted above sound good.

Mann, Hengst, Mahle are all good filters; MB have supplied me with Hengst ones previously and fairly sure I had a Mann one once.

With brake pads I've had (new) MBs fitted with TRW and also Ferodo pads, others just branded MB.

Mann, Hengst, Mahle are all good filters; MB have supplied me with Hengst ones previously and fairly sure I had a Mann one once.

With brake pads I've had (new) MBs fitted with TRW and also Ferodo pads, others just branded MB.
+1 that's what I use for all filters in my car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom