Best method drying car

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

xkillz

Just wondering what is the best method for drying a car

Microfibre or waffle cloths, the bigger the better. Simply absorbs the water without danger of scratching the paint.

Best but not the cheapest is a warm air blower as you never touch the surface with a cloth, next best is supa large waffle cloths or towels

+1 for waffle weave towels.

Best but not the cheapest is a warm air blower as you never touch the surface with a cloth, next best is supa large waffle cloths or towels
If you are considering a warm air blower have a look at the canine variety (doggy hair dryers) do just the same job but at a greatly reduced price.

Tony.

+1 for microfibre drying towel - just been out and dried the 968, especially the roof, so I can put the roof down when we go out shortly. Drys the entire car without needing wringing out!

If you are considering a warm air blower have a look at the canine variety (doggy hair dryers) do just the same job but at a greatly reduced price.

They are normally referred to as 'blasters' - bought my wife this one for the dogs (we have 6 collies) last year ... but it just happens to work well on the SL too ;) :D

Aeolus Ultra Blaster TD901t

air compressor....with free air attachment (largest available) .excellent for blowing water out of window channels ,sunroof lights and calipers ect then chamois the paint work ..

air compressor....with free air attachment (largest available) .excellent for blowing water out of window channels ,sunroof lights and calipers ect then chamois the paint work ..

That's what I use, gets rid of the water in the edges, etc.. then wip it with chamois.

Quick blast down to the beach and back over the common and it's dry as a bone.

About 140mph down the motorway ....

Large drying towel (just make sure its clean each time). I have started using a drying aid (citrus bling) which i was sceptical about at first. However, it really does help stop any water marks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom