Best method for Bluetooth music streaming

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Julietsierra

Car
c220
Hi, I recently got a c220 08 model, I've connected my iPhone 6 to the hands free but I cannot stream music via Bluetooth. What is the best method to do this? Ideally I don't want to install a parrot or anything that has to be stuck on the dash etc

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Do you have a 3.5mm jack socket in your glovebox? If you do then search ebay for a bluetooth audio receiver

Do you have a 3.5mm jack socket in your glovebox? If you do then search ebay for a bluetooth audio receiver

It looks like I have on the left hand side of glove box but I don't have a aux option on my radio

Last edited:
Is Aux option revealed if you press the Sys button?

Is Aux option revealed if you press the Sys button?

No, it give me the options of 'system' and 'language'

When clicking on 'system' it gives me options for the display and for Bluetooth activation

I would have thought the AUX option would be under the Audio menu somewhere..

I would have thought the AUX option would be under the Audio menu somewhere..

2yxqhxi.jpg
unfortunately not, and it's driving me mad, there must be something I can get to make this possible. Thanks for the help so far.

Is there a connector on the roof of the glovebox by the a/c vent?

I think he already found the connector but not the menu to select the AUX input.

This should come from the DISC - CD/MP3 - AUX menu sequence.

Diesel Benz said:
I think he already found the connector but not the menu to select the AUX input. This should come from the DISC - CD/MP3 - AUX menu sequence.

Not the 3.5 jack. There maybe a media interface connection in there as well

I found the AUX feature under CD (which is a bit odd if you ask me). Managed to play music via the aux but it's very quiet, I'm worried the Bluetooth audio receiver will be the same once plugged in.

I'm going to check properly for any media interface connections, hopefully find something along that route.

Try turning up the volume on your phone or MP3 player to the maximum possible. Also check the phone or MP3 settings to see if there's a volume limit in place, to protect your ears.

2wwBScR.jpg
is this it? Or is this for something else, this is in the armrest in centre console

Julietsierra said:
is this it? Or is this for something else, this is in the armrest in centre console

That's for the phone cradle to connect to. There is a engineer menu you can access on the head unit to adjust the volume control of the aux.

Hold the red hang-up button and the 1 button along with the # button I believe.

A bluetooth device which plugs into the socket will boost the sound to an acceptable level.
Direct connect gives a very low volume.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom