Best method of selling number plate?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SHAKTER

Car
W124 320TE, W124 300CE, W124 E36 AMG, W210 E240 V6, G Wagon
I would like to sell the plate on my G - what would you folk say is the most effective way of doing so?

The plate is "A 463 MGW". For a 463 chassis Merc G Wagon.

Thanks.:thumb:

You'll do well for someone to pay the transfer fee to remove that plate to be honest.

I suppose you might get some interest if there is a G-class specific forum (I guess there are), otherwise it's not going to mean much to anyone. I'm reasonably well clued up about Mercs but it went straight over my head.

Cheers,

Gaz

Try the G wagon board, but as has been said, probably worth £100-200 to someone including retention fee.

To be brutally honest. You are going to struggle to find anyone willing to part with money for that plate.

But you never know.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MBClub UK

Thanks guys. I wasn't expecting much to be honest. I am a member at the G Wagon Owners Assoc so will see if any interest there.

Thanks again

That's the plate off the Wheeler Dealers G-Wagen, unless your a Merc geek noone will know what it means.

If you have to explain a number plate then it is worthless.

If you have to explain a number plate then it is worthless.

That’s a matter of opinion tbh. I’ve got a private plate on my van. No one would would ever know but me and my family. Personal to just us, not bought to say ‘look at me’. Nice and discreet.

Last edited by a moderator:
That’s a matter of opinion tbh. I’ve got a private plate on my van. But no would would ever know but me and my family. Personal to just us, not bought to say ‘look at me’. Nice and discreet.

This one.......? ;)

20180401_145323.jpg

That’s the one. Understated and discreet. No one has a clue it’s a cherished plate. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom