Best mid range tyre for c class?

Discussion in 'Wheels, Tyres, Brakes & Suspension' started by WantaMerc, Aug 12, 2017.

1. WantaMerc

WantaMerc Member

Car:
    BMW
    Hi

I am looking for a good mid range tyre for the rear wheels on my c class. I was looking to get hankook as I have them on the front. But the back tyres are almost double the price I paid for the front.

Back tyre Size is 255 / 35 / 18 / 90Y.

Looking to spend around £60 if possible to get a decent tyre for that much? It's pretty much how much I got the front hankooks for.

Thanks.

2. Smart320

Smart320 Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    2011 ML350cdi Sport , Toyota RAV4 3 dr
    Make sure you get the correct speed/ load rating whatever make you choose

3. PobodY

PobodY Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    CLK350 Sport, Nissan GTiR
    It's not a particularly common size, so it's more expensive and there's less choice.

Have you had a look at what somewhere like BlackCircles throws out in that size?

4. OneForTheRoad

OneForTheRoad Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    theres 1 or 2 on camskill for 45 to 65 ... delinte dh2 , nankangs . etc .....

5. Petrol Pete

Petrol Pete Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    C55 AMG Wagon
    You don't say what C class you are driving so make sure your speed rating is correct.
    On my C class (C55 AMG) I have fitted new Avon ZZ5 (255/35ZR18 94Y) expect about £90 each incl vat.

The work well for me and handle the power and torque pretty well ,plus they are made in England which helps to keep some Eastern European guy in Melksham Wiltshire happy ! (JOKE ,People :) )