Best Midlands Area C63 Dealer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

thebig1

Car
Mercedes C63
Hi Guys,

I have a 2013 C63 thats got a transmission fault and I get the impression my local dealer has never really done anything on C63's.
I told them the issue and its in Monday to be fixed, software update is their first port of call.
I think its the wet clutch is faulty but worry they will try shrug it off as normal and if it completly fails in a couple of yers time out of warrenty, they will say wear and tear and give me a massive bill.
So if they can not diagnois it correctly, I want a localish dealer who really knows what they are doing with C63's etc.

Hi,

They are not a mercedes dealer are they? The car is a year old so under warrenty.

Ahh, sorry no. Thought you wanted someone to just repair it, didn't realise it was a warranty thing. :(

lol no problem!

All any main dealer will do is plug in and read starting get the fault codes
What's the issue with the transmission? Jumping gear, feels like it's slipping?

When your in drive at a stand still, foot on the brake, take your foot off the brake and s the car kreeps off, it judders etc. Also, when coming to a stop, as the car is coming to a stop, it judders the same. Usually between 0kmh and about 4kmh. If you put your foot down from stand still its fine but in traffic it feels horrid!

Only tried it in Comfort mode, will try the others tomorrow.

Tried it this morning. Its there in avery mode but goes a little bit less as you go up so in C alot, S some, S+ getting Less, M just feel it.

Mine seems to have similar issues but intermittent. Definitely feels like a slight slipping. Perhaps a software update may cure this. Mine's a 2013 car too.

There should be an update to raise the gearbox temperature limp mode too.

Its in on Monday for two days.
If it is slipping, and has been for sometime i guess, will the clutch be worn now???

It could be an issue with the wet clutch part. A software update may cure this who knows! Not heard of many issues with the MCT box. We'll see i guess! Either way at least it's under warranty. On mine it seems to be worse when warm.

I worry that say 3 years down the line, after warrenty, the wet clutch is worn out and its down to me to pay even though it was a fault by software etc that has caused the inital premature wear. If the software fixes it, I think an email to MB customer services to let them know that the wet clutch could have been premature worn and if it fails in the near future, even out of warrenty, that they should cover it.

Don't go to a dealer go to an authorised workshop, Europa in Sheffield are very good with AMG cars. Most dealers wont have a clue. When we had the motorsport business I lost track of how much high end work we did for dealers because they couldn't

Don't go to a dealer go to an authorised workshop, Europa in Sheffield are very good with AMG cars. Most dealers wont have a clue. When we had the motorsport business I lost track of how much high end work we did for dealers because they couldn't

But its under warrenty with MB and there is other issues, first thing they are doing is a software update.

Issues.

1. Tracking is being done and new front tyres.
  2. Juddering setting off and stopping.
  3. Gracenote doesnt work, grayed out.
  4. Mobile App doesnt have Engialnd availabe.
  5. Bonnet hard to close on passange side latch.

But its under warrenty with MB and there is other issues, first thing they are doing is a software update.

Issues.

1. Tracking is being done and new front tyres.
  2. Juddering setting off and stopping.
  3. Gracenote doesnt work, grayed out.
  4. Mobile App doesnt have Engialnd availabe.
  5. Bonnet hard to close on passange side latch.

Europa are an authorized workshop which means everything they do is covered by your MB warranty they are better and know much more than the dealer

They will liaise with MB Sheffield to ensure its Ok to do the work as thats where their bills will go. Often cheaper for a dealer to use an authorised workshop so dont think you would have any problems

It will be interesting to see if the MCT box is reliable. It should be as it's fitted to most other newish AMGs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom