Best option for (free) 3rd party image hosting now?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
H4fW4_3TcohtJ6TXJv9HTDhMTgq-jggU554EAXgqkfqELef8vK_ZfATmeYIoWmvoTV2wqrjZ5LMMGME=w1366-h638-rw

I tried this in the old thread, can everyone see this pic from my google drive?

What other "restrictions" has the site imposed on you?

Other MB Forums are available................

The forum restricts the number of pictures/Mb a member can uploaded, when this is exhausted the member turns to Photobucket or other free picture hosting sites, result is now there are many broken links to pictures resulting in many spoiled threads.

Pictures should only be hosted on the forum, and then there would be no need for Photobucket or other hosting sites.

Dec

The forum restricts the number of pictures/Mb a member can uploaded, when this is exhausted the member turns to Photobucket or other free picture hosting sites, result is now there are many broken links to pictures resulting in many spoiled threads.

Pictures should only be hosted on the forum, and then there would be no need for Photobucket or other hosting sites.

Dec

That is one answer but who will fund the cost of this?

Do we make membership graded?

Free with no photo hosting or a membership fee for those wishing to host pictures?

H4fW4_3TcohtJ6TXJv9HTDhMTgq-jggU554EAXgqkfqELef8vK_ZfATmeYIoWmvoTV2wqrjZ5LMMGME=w1366-h638-rw

I tried this in the old thread, can everyone see this pic from my google drive?

Nope:D

Testing one of mine

ez4PqRSDnaJdpeEPkVAS3ZdHDg7LhwKv-ijxd8uH3uVn28ng71POGADntMlXHy2ZCDeAjeo87PEro4ateuUitX2qdpa2Y1RXMerE6Xw3CmvwksCs8hcdajp01RRHIf3P0PpS_YTt9Q

This test photo was using the link posted by Whitenemesis above.
Click on your photo in Google Photos Click share
Once you have your embed code, paste it into the link, which will generate a code.
Scroll down and copy that new Direct link.
Click on the image button above and copy that direct link.

Highly over complicated but seems to work.

Last edited:
Under £20 per month

That is one answer but who will fund the cost of this?

Do we make membership graded?

Free with no photo hosting or a membership fee for those wishing to host pictures?

Fine members £5 who post rude and annoying replies to mild comments in threads; you should be helpful and not critical towards members.
The cost might not be all that high if moonloops, above, is correct.

Dec

Ah the Corbyn approach, tax someone else to pay for what you want to provide :D:D:D

I don’t think it would cost a lot at all, yes someone has to pay, that picture you post today may be gone tomorrow, that’s the way it’s going to be. The only proper solution is for all forums to host the pictures for members.

Dec

I don’t think it would cost a lot at all, yes someone has to pay, that picture you post today may be gone tomorrow, that’s the way it’s going to be. The only proper solution is for all forums to host the pictures for members.

Dec

I have no issue with that at all. I would probably make little or no use of picture hosting but would happily pay an annual fee towards the costs of running the Forum.

Not at all, there is no need for a fee, just pay the £5 fine and you will be grand OR you could apologise to Cymruambyth for your rudeness.

Dec

Not at all, there is no need for a fee, just pay the £5 fine and you will be grand OR you could apologise to Cymruambyth for your rudeness.

Dec

Ah, you seem to be putting yourself forward as some form of authority figure?

I was not rude to anyone, it was Cymruambyth that was throwing his toys out of the pram, I merely enquired how he felt was being restricted by the Forum as he had suggested.

Others suggested he was being churlish.

Yes you were, you told him there were other forums, that were rude, it implies he should get lost, by the way, I’m mostly winding you up, take the hint and leave it at that.

Dec

Suggesting that there are other Forums where his views and style may be better suited is merely information. You chose to see it as "rude"

As for your last sentence, is that some sort of threat?

No, I mean leave it alone.

Dec

Or?

Still sounds like a threat...............

At no point did I suggest "he get lost", that was your rather inelegant phrase.

I cannot be responsible for your interpretation and, if you remember, it was another member complaining about being restricted by the forum.

What other "restrictions" has the site imposed on you?

Other MB Forums are available................

I refer to the image size restriction. It`s just annoying to resize every picture, that`s all.

I`m not "throwing my toys out of the pram", just making a statement on a public forum.

It`s people like you and comments like you made that have made me feel quite unwelcome at times. The odd few have been very helpful and I`ve had a bit of banter but the majority....never known a forum like it. Maybe I`m not in your clique, maybe my car is 10 years old and only cost me 8k, I don`t know...but as you said, there are other forums, but I did think I`d found the best one.....best start Googling :thumb:

Last edited:
I refer to the image size restriction. It`s just annoying to resize every picture, that`s all.

I`m not "throwing my toys out of the pram", just making a statement on a public forum.

It`s people like you and comments like you made that have made me feel quite unwelcome at times. The odd few have been very helpful and I`ve had a bit of banter but the majority....never known a forum like it. Maybe I`m not in your clique, maybe my car is 10 years old and only cost me 8k, I don`t know...but as you said, there are other forums, but I did think I`d found the best one.....best start Googling :thumb:

Perhaps if you had stated your original "annoyance" a little more accurately?

As for "not in my clique" I do not care what anyone drives nor do any other personal traits influence me.

Anyway, Google not required but thank you for your most helpful post :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom