Best option for selling a car?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

keejoonc

Car
C63 AMG
I'm looking to sell my car due to moving abroad.
So far, I've only listed the car for sale on Gumtree and Ebay but only annoying traders seem to contact me.
I knew it was a long shot trying to sell on Gumtree or Ebay so will look to list it somewhere else, but was wondering what people's thoughts are on the best place to list car for sale?
I guess the main ones are AutoTrader or Pistonheads, but anyone have any thoughts on which is best?

I'm looking to sell my car due to moving abroad.
So far, I've only listed the car for sale on Gumtree and Ebay but only annoying traders seem to contact me.
I knew it was a long shot trying to sell on Gumtree or Ebay so will look to list it somewhere else, but was wondering what people's thoughts are on the best place to list car for sale?
I guess the main ones are AutoTrader or Pistonheads, but anyone have any thoughts on which is best?

Auto trader personally

Why not try on here?

I sold my last car to someone on here.

I sold my first C43 to the guy who maintained it.

I bought a great set of rims on here recently, too.

Sometimes the network really helps.

If not, I'd suggest Autotrader as I think it has the biggest reach (but I've never used it or PH)

Why not try on here?

I sold my last car to someone on here.

I sold my first C43 to the guy who maintained it.

I bought a great set of rims on here recently, too.

Sometimes the network really helps.

If not, I'd suggest Autotrader as I think it has the biggest reach (but I've never used it or PH)

I have listed it for sale here this morning :)

I had my E55 on Autotrader and just had the usual timewasters. Put it on here & sold to a genuine enthusiast in a week or 2.

I sold on Piston heads very easily before, along with ebay

I've sold a few cars / bikes over the years .... 99% sold on eBay ...in my experience Gumtree is full of scammers .....Autotrader is too expensive ....eBay is only £14.99 for a 30 day classified ad and has the biggest viewing audience ....everything sells sooner or later ....but it's got to be at the right price ....but having said that....I've got one of my cheaper cars on eBay at the moment and no sign of any buyer for it yet ....that's how it goes sometimes ...can be on there for 30 days and not sell untill the last day

I've sold a few cars / bikes over the years .... 99% sold on eBay ...in my experience Gumtree is full of scammers .....Autotrader is too expensive ....eBay is only £14.99 for a 30 day classified ad and has the biggest viewing audience ....everything sells sooner or later ....but it's got to be at the right price ....but having said that....I've got one of my cheaper cars on eBay at the moment and no sign of any buyer for it yet ....that's how it goes sometimes ...can be on there for 30 days and not sell untill the last day

yeah getting a bit tired of all the retards making ridiculous offers without even seeing car. Just had some idiot ring up and offer £23k for my car and he thought it was a PP as well! Do these people actually do any research to see what similar cars are selling for?

Turns out this **** was a trader scum. Sick of these vultures.

Last edited:
Spec and price look spot on.

Good luck selling, hope you get a sensible sale to a decent individual

Mark

I would suggest Autotrader, I find serious people will call and actually make an appointment to view the vehicle. On Gumtree I just end up with texts 'what's your best price'

Sold plenty of cars and never used At it's a rip off, Ebay works best for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom