Best PCMCIA to SD adaptor.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cymruambyth

Car
Basically, is there a correct one to buy or are they all the same? Also, will any SD card work with them? I think I read somewhere that they can only use a max size of 8 or maybe 16gb!
Cheers.

And secondly...is it possible to actually buy one in the UK? All the ones I`ve seen are in China.

If you have a look in items for sale, I had one for sale recently on here.
Was using a flash card as opposed to SD. Anyway, worked great.
It was only 16gb though, but I'm sure 32 would have been fine

Yeah I spotted your for sale ad. CF seems to be older tech nowadays so I assume I could use SD instead?

Thanks for the Amazon tip.

I`m now confused. The manual mentions using a PCMCIA memory card! I assume these are no longer used and that`s why the adaptors are used, so a card can be inserted.

I read on Amazon reviews that the SD card PCMCIA adaptor is too thick to fit the slot and that I need the adaptor for a flash card.

Could someone confirm what I actually need please? Thanks.

PCMCIA adaptor looks like this.

Genuine-PCMCIA-Multi-Card-Reader-For-Mercedes-Benz-6-7-82-3974-Support-SDHC-32GB-COMAND.jpg

I bought something that looks like this to go in my 2007 S500. Bought privately from a private seller on eBay for £20, including a 32GB memory card. I have no idea whether it is genuine Mercedes or not. It just works.

I needed an SD card so that I could pop the SD card into my MacBook Pro.

I would point you away from buying a compact flash card - it's even slower / more technically obsolescent than the SD card, which is old fashioned enough.

Genuine-PCMCIA-Multi-Card-Reader-For-Mercedes-Benz-6-7-82-3974-Support-SDHC-32GB-COMAND.jpg

I bought something that looks like this to go in my 2007 S500. Bought privately from a private seller on eBay for £20, including a 32GB memory card. I have no idea whether it is genuine Mercedes or not. It just works.

I needed an SD card so that I could pop the SD card into my MacBook Pro.

I would point you away from buying a compact flash card - it's even slower / more technically obsolescent than the SD card, which is old fashioned enough.

Well this is what I was told, that the compact flash was old tech and then I had the answer on Amazon contradicting....doesn`t take much to confuse me haha.

That`s what I`ll look for then, an adaptor which takes an SD card...preferably in UK which is proving quite difficult!!! :thumb:

This has been discussed over and over again, I'm surprised that it was not mentioned above: there are two types of PCMCIA to SD-card adapters. One takes SD-HC cards while the other one does not (only accepts SD cards).

You should purchase the SD-HC capable adapter which then accepts big (capacity) SD memory cards too.

The MB branded adapter does not guarantee SD-HC support, both types exist with the MB logo.

This has been discussed over and over again, I'm surprised that it was not mentioned above: there are two types of PCMCIA to SD-card adapters. One takes SD-HC cards while the other one does not (only accepts SD cards).

You should purchase the SD-HC capable adapter which then accepts big (capacity) SD memory cards too.

The MB branded adapter does not guarantee SD-HC support, both types exist with the MB logo.

Ah crap. Not sure what I`ve ordered then. I`ll only have around 4gb of music anyway so the small capacity should be ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom