Best performing shampoo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cplnoonoo

Car
Merc C180K Sportcoupe SE
What are peoples opinions on the best shampoo out there at the moment?

I use the gold class stuff from megs but its a tad on the pricey side (as is most of their stuff anyway). Its still produces amazing suds and is handy for adding a drop or 2 to the snowfoam mix...did i mention it smells awesome lol.

Im in the market for a bit of a change though as i will be running low as of next weekend so has anybody got any challengers lol. Hopefully H13BS M will drop in and suggest something from his huge inventory.

There is no doubt in my mind the best shampoo on the market is dodo juice 'born to be mild'.

This is pointless as i have finished this topic!end of!:D:Dlol

Shame you're in Scotland - bodywork place in St Leonards has a shop, sells Autoglym car shampoo in 4 litre bottles for about £12, does me just fine! Try your local industrial estate for car repairers / bodyshops, maybe you've got something similar near you.

mate he's lucky he's in scotland! He's got polish bliss! Plus all car cleaning gear is accessible via the internet, so doesn't really matter where you live.

I quite like the Meguiars Gold Class too. Halfords are doing a 3-for-2 deal at the moment which brings it down to less than £10 a bottle, lasts for ages too - a little goes a long way. Doesn't seem to strip wax, sheets well on rinsing and leaves a nice finish when drying :)

Will

Gold Class is the best I've found, but agreed a tad pricey.

Im a big fan of "Snow Foam". Need a pressure washer to apply it though.

Its fun to put on, looks good, and gets the car clean.

Turtle wax shampoo, I've used it for years, get it in Halfords cheap as chips if you buy a 5L bottle.
I see no need to spend a fortune on shampoo, I look after my cars better than most, and although there are better shampoos out there turtle wax is good (in my mind) I clay & polish once a year, then regular waxing, (using good products - such as Autoglym, Mcguirs and colonite) keeps the cars looking tip top.
So its down to personal choice I suppose, as long as you keep away from washing up liquid ! (only kidding) I'm sure you know

My personal top list of car shampoo(In no order)

-Dodo juice born to be mild
-Dodo juice supernatural
-Chamical guys citrus wash and gloss
-Chemical guys glossworkz
-Duragloss 901
-3M car wash soap
-Serious performance Ultra gloss

I use Swissol AKA Swissvax......

I used to use Head and Shoulders but now use an unknown brand which comes all the way from Scotland in an unmarked bottle. Purchase it in a shop in Hay on Wye which is the only place I know that sells it.

Oops realise noe that you are discussing car shampoo - ignore above - I use Zymol!

I used to use Head and Shoulders but now use an unknown brand which comes all the way from Scotland in an unmarked bottle. Purchase it in a shop in Hay on Wye which is the only place I know that sells it.

Oops realise noe that you are discussing car shampoo - ignore above - I use Zymol!

'Cos you're worth it eh?

I use a combo of a couple of products which works brilliantly in all weather, as we all know washing a black car on a hot summers day is a nightmare if you dont have shade to wask it in!

10 Litre bucket of water
3 caps of Johnson's Baby Bath (Blue Bottle) - Always on offer in either tesco, boots or superdrug (usually bogof or half price)
1 cap of AG Shampoo Conditioner

This works a treat, doesnt strip wax and leaves pretty much no watermarks whatever the weather!

I use Zymol for my black car..works well and smells great after as well..Halfords sells them at a very good price..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom