Best photo hosting service?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Will

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
GL63 AMG / 190E 2.5-16 / Porsche 911
Like many I used photobucket for years until they went downhill.

What’s the best/easiest photo hosting service nowadays?

I know there’s probably some older threads but thought I’d see what people currently use.

Ideally for simple uploading from my iPhone and direct image link
pasting would be preferred :)

I downloaded the google photos app a while back, but unless I’m missing something I can’t see how you can select to upload photos from specific albums? It just goes straight to camera roll and organises everything by date.

TIA :cool:

i use imgbb, seems similar to photobucket, it's free and can host photos to show on this forum.

Can’t see it listed in the App Store - definitely for iPhone? :)

I use Google Photos, free and a simple copy image address and paste into the post using the image icon
KA1qV7uhpfQmg0wQdrNX0Fuexamt6S8IkIWyTKafLVYybvSq-N8Rn5N_RfAVG9uSgx0CjArr02Gcv2CCC5AG0ZNjHQCW9wK5P9gKFZKiqfCZiR0I-yNYxm1G14FfAiKefNFVoc_aJhBVOrlOSUhBiPNx1QSaek4veezSQG39-Z-UXt0w7ls45ZFRowpoH__h07hdcHwlR8tmGyWlES7l-rjac4oQLQuorxH8ISMY4jpLNy3EVl9Fnb1aqyM4rcVqnZUvI365U-r7BZO-4bGxncOdp3BVQcCxaAX_gB04OIVHeaxmDmHkiK7VqfEaMCJgw0AfhWYwWMiI5bKEDOx_S5VZjyxqxZtZ5Kp5JarTwRc1BrN0EA0OAO2YjLcXL3JT-e_n7JpH6PqE7liA22H-0BDmORYWlTInE0q717i_uyICOJd-O1bXBKBSN9KIudJD1w656HRexSpe8rdlj94tTIPSVwNBDO_mmeCiIsFway4cZhHRNGUalgSMNLmG-FjpuL8FnGtFJya_4crqm3Nhj7LYW6Wubrfhf2ndv7yub4DzIKzg00Ve10eh1EOngc4B644iu6WkCg3Jg83LgZygPC1qU9zIlvLaClsligqJ=w1156-h1736-no

How do you copy the image directly into your posts - are you doing that from the ios/iPhone app or on a computer - can’t see the usual links to post directly just the share links etc which open thr image in a new tab ? :)
I use Google Photos, free and a simple copy image address and paste into the post using the image icon
KA1qV7uhpfQmg0wQdrNX0Fuexamt6S8IkIWyTKafLVYybvSq-N8Rn5N_RfAVG9uSgx0CjArr02Gcv2CCC5AG0ZNjHQCW9wK5P9gKFZKiqfCZiR0I-yNYxm1G14FfAiKefNFVoc_aJhBVOrlOSUhBiPNx1QSaek4veezSQG39-Z-UXt0w7ls45ZFRowpoH__h07hdcHwlR8tmGyWlES7l-rjac4oQLQuorxH8ISMY4jpLNy3EVl9Fnb1aqyM4rcVqnZUvI365U-r7BZO-4bGxncOdp3BVQcCxaAX_gB04OIVHeaxmDmHkiK7VqfEaMCJgw0AfhWYwWMiI5bKEDOx_S5VZjyxqxZtZ5Kp5JarTwRc1BrN0EA0OAO2YjLcXL3JT-e_n7JpH6PqE7liA22H-0BDmORYWlTInE0q717i_uyICOJd-O1bXBKBSN9KIudJD1w656HRexSpe8rdlj94tTIPSVwNBDO_mmeCiIsFway4cZhHRNGUalgSMNLmG-FjpuL8FnGtFJya_4crqm3Nhj7LYW6Wubrfhf2ndv7yub4DzIKzg00Ve10eh1EOngc4B644iu6WkCg3Jg83LgZygPC1qU9zIlvLaClsligqJ=w1156-h1736-no

How do you copy the image directly into your posts - are you doing that from the ios/iPhone app or on a computer - can’t see the usual links to post directly just the share links etc which open thr image in a new tab ? :)
Open the image in Google Photos, right click the image and select copy the image address. Click on the Image icon above the post input window (square with a mountain) and paste the copied address into the box that opens.
I'm using a laptop win10 and Chrome. Works using an android phone, simply open image in Photos and select the Share icon and select create a link. Paste that link into the same Image icon as above

Tried that on my phone, it generates a link but one that opens in google images for some reason - maybe an iOS thing or maybe just me!

I could probably do it on the laptop but I don’t really ever use it anymore, seems a faff when the photos are already on the phone!

Not sure how long it’s likely to last but photobucket seems to be working again so will give it a go for now, otherwise I’ll dig out the laptop and log into google images and see if I can get the links working :)

Tried that on my phone, it generates a link but one that opens in google images for some reason - maybe an iOS thing or maybe just me!

I could probably do it on the laptop but I don’t really ever use it anymore, seems a faff when the photos are already on the phone!

Not sure how long it’s likely to last but photobucket seems to be working again so will give it a go for now, otherwise I’ll dig out the laptop and log into google images and see if I can get the links working :)

Nice. Great to see blue (not privacy) glass

Yes, I have to admit I always really liked the 'Avantgarde' glass back when it first came out in the late 90s, looked fresh! :cool:

Fortunately this has the factory blinds built into the rear doors for the little ones, my new E63 does not so I'll either have to look at retrofit options, or suffer aftermarket blinds or privacy glass (never been keen but might be better than aftermarket fit blinds?)

I got used to flickr, and found it convenient and reliable.
I only use image hosting for pictures in forum posts, so I upload edited, size-reduced photos - it'll be a long time before I reach any limits with them.

The only inconvenience (if it is, in fact, one), is having to edit out an extra string of code, that otherwise comes up as a silly appendage to the image.
Do it automatically now, doesn't slow me down at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom