Best place for quality car mats

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RSTurbo50

Car
W212 E250 CDi AMG Sport
I'm looking to buy some for my E Class coupe but I'm not prepared to pay £113 for a set of genuine Mercedes ones.

Does anybody have any recommendations?

Look out you dont want a set of those ribbed ones that you see .That are sold with mercedes logo on them .They roll up on the ends with the first sign of use.My car came with a set .The first thing i did was removed them from the foot wells and put them under the engine.Did this at the same time i removed my water pump to stop the crud going on the block paving. You need a nice set .Worth searching for .

Look out you dont want a set of those ribbed ones that you see .That are sold with mercedes logo on them .They roll up on the ends with the first sign of use.My car came with a set .The first thing i did was removed them from the foot wells and put them under the engine.Did this at the same time i removed my water pump to stop the crud going on the block paving. You need a nice set .Worth searching for .

Indeed. I don't mind paying upto £60 for a decent set of mats but what Mercedes are asking I'm not prepared to pay.

I had a set made by a place called something like "Genuine Car Mats". - Cost about £40 delivered in the end; with a choice of colour, edging, etc.

I'm happy. - I bought "luxury" mats; they've got a reinforced section under the heel and came with the clips to clip them to the car. They're black-on-black with a silver/black piping (to match the aluminium trim and black leather in my car).

I thought I had a photo, but I can't find it now.

Are they like those "CoCo Mats", no but they're also not $250 for a set of four.

EDIT: It's officialcarmats.co.uk (not genuine)

Last edited:
'Carpetright' do some cheap 'off-cuts'.............you should be able to pick up a nice 'floral' design for around £20.00 :D

After the super thick ones I had in my Range Rover, I had a set of platinum ones made by carmats4u.com for my Audi A6. Same people who had made the RR ones.
They make the car (and your feet!) feel like you are in a car from at least a couple of segments above:thumb:
Not cheap at £85, but you can order exactly what you want and they were top quality and superbly luxurious.:cool:
Seriously considering some for the GLE as the 'AMG' marked ones seem very thin and low rent compared to what I've become used to:eek:

Well being truly sad and wanting to keep it as near to original as possible I coughed up £145 for a pair of genuine mats for my R129. I guess the price was high as they were NOS. I'm not sure if they're still available through the dealer network perhaps I should have checked first they may have been cheaper but I hated the black mats the PO had put in with a navy interior. :)

Just checked the build order for my E-class and 'designo floor mats' are included as standard. I totally accept we get nothing for nothing and to cheer me up, in the estate the petrol hybrid is approximately 2000 euros cheaper than the diesel variant, but keeping on topic... Do we get what we pay for?

Hopefully our mods might contact car mat accessory company and politely let them know about advertising. Who knows the forum might get more funding from that company :)

No doubt this is standard procedure and I am talking instead of reading :) :)

Thread revival...

I have yet to see mats that matched the original MB item for fit and quality.

The trick is to keep Googling the MB part number, they eventually turn-up at half price somewhere online.

(To clarify, I was referring to the 'quality custom mats' variety offered online - I am certain that you can have top mats mase to order, but then these type of mats are not likely to cost much less than the original MB mats).

I’d recommend buying genuine mats - they fit properly, are durable and look the part.

Aftermarket mats never look right in a Mercedes, IMHO.

Also if you have an older model, probably worth buying them before they become NLA.

Worth looking into also is that you can often buy driver’s mats individually - could be good if you plan on keeping your car for a few years :thumb:

Buy rubber mats... the idea of ‘carpet’ in a car (with our uk weather) is a bit bonkers if you think about it!

Generally i have found it well worth paying for the MB ones. I have tried all sorts over the years and (unless its black) you cant match the colour, the fit is usually not quite right , they rarely have hard wearing heel pads and worst of all the press clips never seem to be as tight as the mb ones and so keep popping undone. I'm sure there must be some good ones out there ....I just have not found them and have so wasted all the difference in cost on poor, less long lasting products.

Buy rubber mats... the idea of ‘carpet’ in a car (with our uk weather) is a bit bonkers if you think about it!
...unless you value your shoes.

German ebay. Sometimes they have RHD mats and there are far more sellers there than here.
Picked up a full set of AMG GLS mats - all three rows for less than half price (hardly used).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom