Best place to buy Diesel Filter for 124 300td

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Timster

Car
Currently Merc' Less.
As in title.

I'll probably go to Euro car parts, but is there a better, cheaper, easier way of getting a fuel filter?

Ta.

Tim

ECP is where I get mine from £3.88 delivered, no contest.

try acid (Brabus8 I think) on here he offers 40% off mb service parts, i've yet to try but with a service coming I will be but others speak well of him.

As in title.

I'll probably go to Euro car parts, but is there a better, cheaper, easier way of getting a fuel filter?

Ta.

Tim

You could go for the Chinese made YING TONG YIDDLE I PO filter on eBAY which I believe is cheaper. Its a "high flow " filter because it does away with the old fashioned concept of removing particulates from fuel which as we all know markedly restricts flow.;)

For about a fiver, why not go to the stealers for the genuine thing. You'll get money off a service item on a 124 without asking.

If I turn left out of the office I get to the dealer, if I turn right I get to ECP - which ones best!

Will I notice difference with genuine MB part?

Ta.

Tim

If I turn left out of the office I get to the dealer, if I turn right I get to ECP - which ones best!

Will I notice difference with genuine MB part?

Ta.

Tim

Tim.
You pays your money and you takes your choice. C'mon mate, it's a filter we are talking about here. I'd go MB personally.:thumb:

Why did you buy a Mercedes in preference to Chinese made car? Did you notice a difference? :confused:

go to ECP and get a GUTMAAN branded filter for about £3ish

make sure its branded Gutmaan. Myself and a few other members have trialed several brands and these are the best.

EDIT: noticed you've already been there.... let me know the brand of the filter you got and i'll let u know if its one of the good or one of the bad. One lasted a few hundred miles !!

When changing, fill up the new filter with fuel before refitting to make it easier to start again.... also maybe have a spare car & jump leads or a charger on standby just incase you flatten the battery cranking. dont crank for too long either... and let it rest a few moments before trying again.

Last edited:
HI.

Choice between Bosch and Hengst - went for Bosch.

Cheers for tips.

Was wondering about priming, although it's meant to be self priming, not sure my battery is up to it!! Will prime it well.

make sure its branded Gutmaan. Myself and a few other members have trialed several brands and these are the best.

When changing, fill up the new filter with fuel before refitting to make it easier to start again.... also maybe have a spare car & jump leads or a charger on standby just incase you flatten the battery cranking. dont crank for too long either... and let it rest a few moments before trying again.

The Gutmaan ones are... Good :) Clear exterior so you can see when they need changing. The GSF ones are Mann (?) and are transluscent, and imo inferior.

Def take the advice about pre-filling the filter, and having a spare car/charger on standby. And wait between starting attempts. The starter motor is a big old thing (2.1 kw?) on the diesels, and it's got a lot of inertia to overcome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom